Trainee providing technology solutions for trading and related processes. The associate will work closely with trading and investment personnel, as well as middle- and back-office technology groups to design, automate or enhance processes and applications which serve to optimise data usage in, and communication with, trading-related software. This position must work with minimal supervision in the creation and maintenance of moderate- to highly-complex solutions that are critical to trading operations.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
• Works closely with Investment to expose informational, analytical, or workflow-optimising needs.
• Design, prototype, implement and maintain products that address business needs and achieve enterprise wide/global strategic goals.
• Provides consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability and usability of solutions (process and/or technology) to project requirements.
• Builds and sustains trusted partnerships and relationships across business and technical functions and external organisations
• Reviews requirements for multiple projects, ensures that documentation is consistent and falls within the standards of the solution delivery methodology.
• Assists in the support of systems, including taking responsibility for the resolution of large enterprise wide/global complex issues.
• Continuously seeks to expand knowledge of Investments practice and theory to create efficiencies and/or mitigate risk via people/process/technology changes for the business.
Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyse system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to the most complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team
• Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
• Strong SQL skills
• Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to effectively influence with clients at various levels in the organisation
• In depth understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organisation interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on highly complex projects
• Demonstrated mastery of testing concepts and skilled in formulating test strategies, managing, and executing system testing initiatives
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in team environment and master complex tasks with minimal supervision