Sr. Research Associate, Immunology
Synthorx has advanced a revolutionary technology that expands the genetic alphabet to drive the sitespecific
incorporation of multiple non-natural amino acids into proteins of any size, and to manufacture
these improved proteins at scale. This technology opens-up opportunities to make novel protein
therapeutics to previously difficult to drug targets. We are hiring a Sr. Research Associate to work with our
team to develop new immunology assays that will support the functional profiling of Synthorx therapeutic
agents. He/she will develop a variety of primary cell based assays to support early compound screens
and MoA studies. The candidate will actively scout pre-clinical and clinical literature, and patent records,
in search for example molecules and study systems to test the pharmacological and safety properties of
current and future targets in the Synthorx portfolio.
· Develop appropriate cell based assays to support compound screening and MoA studies in in
· vitro models. (ie. phospho-flow, proliferation assay, MLR, cytokine secretion, NK or T cell killing).
· Develop flow cytometry panel to support PD (pharmacodynamics) analysis for in vivo and in vitro
· pharmacology, and perform sample analysis with flow cytometry software.
· Effectively work and communicate with group members and contract research organizations, in a
· dynamic and fast paced environment to accomplish goals.
· Plan and execute tasks independently with minimal guidance from manager or project head.
· Independently keep up to date on current literature to aid in experimental design.
· Prepare and present data to team members and larger multidisciplinary teams.
· BS in biomedical sciences and 8 years of lab experience or related field; OR MS and 6 years in
· biomedical sciences or related field.
· Deep knowledge/expertise in immunology/immune oncology field.
· Proficiency in immune cell isolation (ie. T, B, NK cell) and functional characterization.
· Experience in primary cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
· Experience with executing and troubleshooting multi-color flow cytometry is required.
· Experience with high throughput flow cytometry is a plus.
· Experience using an Attune NxT flow cytometer is a plus.
· Experience with microscopy and IHC is a plus.
· Proficiency in ELISA and MSD is a plus.
· Familiarity with BSL-2 protocols and best-practices.
· Proficiency with Microsoft office, Prism, and FlowJo.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.