We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join the Genomics Medicine Unit and play a role in identifying strategies to treat neuromuscular disorders with a focus on muscular dystrophies and neuromuscular disease (e.g., Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis). The successful candidate will support the development of viral and non-viral gene therapy strategies targeting and ensure successful translation of pre-clinical programs.
Specifically, the remit of the candidate will be to:
• Lead the technical development of novel gene therapy strategies for neuromuscular diseases.
• Responsible for applying expertise to execute experiments and/or studies in a time sensitive manner
• Develop and maintain a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
• Possess strong presentation and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment will be vital.
• Ph.D. in life science with at least 2 - 3 years of post-doctoral experience or biotech/biopharma.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in muscle biology and/or ALS biology and pathogenesis; experience with animal models of neuromuscular disease is a plus.
• In-depth knowledge in molecular biology with prior lab experience in perform DNA cloning, vector design, and construction, and plasmid preparations using standard and advanced molecular biology techniques.
• Knowledgeable and skilled in designing and conducting in-vivo mouse studies and ex-vivo cell-based assays.
• Experience in developing in vitro models to investigate the different gene therapy strategies.
• Experience working with in vitro and in vivo disease models using molecular biology and histological techniques including DNA, RNA and protein extraction, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, in-situ hybridization, western blot, qPCR, and ELISA.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas and document research.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.