The Sanofi Oncology Pharmacology Unit is offering a postdoctoral position based in the Paris area in the field of immuno-oncology. Our missions are to evaluate anti-tumoral activity of new therapeutics in vivo and contribute to decipher mechanism of action of innovative therapeutics.
We are seeking a talented and motivated scientist with a strong expertise in immunology or immuno-oncology and experience with humanized mouse models. He/she will be expected to establish: 1- relevant and robust in vitro assays for evaluating multi-specific T-cell engagers targeting different T-cell subsets (conventional and non-conventional T cells); 2- in vivo humanized mouse models to evaluate therapeutics targeting or recruiting T-cell subsets, to demonstrate efficacy of such compounds, and to provide detailed mechanism of action studies. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of novel immuno-therapeutics and to collaborate with scientists across the Sanofi organization. You will be part of a dynamic team of talented scientists, with strong experience in immunology and pharmacology. This position is open in close collaboration with Ablynx, a Sanofi company, with unique expertise in the development of multi-specific nanobodies.
· Develop in vitro immunological assays with human and mouse primary cells
· Develop and characterize humanized mouse models for the in vivo evaluation of immuno-modulators targeting different subset of T-cells.
· Design, plan and execute key in vitro and in vivo experiments in relation to the project.
· Analyze, interpret and report study outcomes.
· Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups.
· Strong knowledge in immunology or immuno-oncology, a good understanding of non-conventional T cell biology is a plus
· Expertise in immunology/immuno-oncology and humanized mouse models
· Hands-on experience in animal handling and procedures (multiple route of injections, tissue sampling…)
· Hands-on experience with isolation, culture, and phenotyping of murine and human innate and adaptive immune cells
· Expertise in multiparametric flow cytometry and immune cell functional assays
· Good communication skills, fluent in English, a knowledge of French is preferable
· Solid experience with FACS analysis, and excellent knowledge of the FlowJo, FACSDiva, and GraphPad Prism software packages
· Rigorous, organized, autonomous, team-player, creative and open-minded
· Ph.D. in Immunology
· Certification or appropriate educational qualification for designing procedures and projects involving animal use
· At least 2-3 years of industry/academic experience with a proven track record as an immunology expert
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.