Quality Control Chemist
About the Opportunity
As a QC Chemist you will contribute to the continued success of our QC department by providing analytical services to support our diverse manufacturing operations. Engage with our Continuous Improvement programme to share your ideas and experience to further optimise our laboratory function. Comply with all regulatory and safety guidelines to protect yourself, your colleagues and our patients.
About the Sanofi Business Unit
The Sanofi Waterford biopharmaceutical and medical device campus is located in Waterford on Ireland’s southeast coast. Established in 2001 and now with more than 700 employees, the multiple national award-winning site has seen more than €600m invested in state-of-the-art infrastructure and technology. Diversification continues to bring new products to Waterford and the expanded site portfolio continues to create new opportunities. Sanofi is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
About growing with us
· You will provide analytical chemistry services and support to Site.
· You will contribute to the effective interaction with other departments on matters related to raw materials, intermediates and finished batch releases. In particular, close contact maintained with Quality Assurance Production, Engineering and Planners.
· Maintain, update and issue chemical methods, specifications and SOP’s in compliance to pharmacopoeial and regulatory requirements.
· Assist with training of the analysts in areas of expertise and knowledge and in new methods, SOP’s and updates.
· Trend such results, record on COA’s where required and complete OOS’s investigations on a timely basis.
To excel in this role you will need to have:-
· Degree in Science (Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred). Post-graduate studies as appropriate to augment primary degree.
· Operational experience of quality laboratories in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
· Detailed knowledge of quality management systems, pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, requirements for cGLP, pharmacopoeial methods and stability.
· Understand relevant quality/compliance regulations.
Inspire your Journey: what Sanofi can offer you:
· Opportunity to join a progressive team and to work with the latest developments in Biological products e.g. mAbs.
· Opportunity to gain experience with a diverse range of analytical equipment.
· Opportunity for progression in a fast paced diverse working environment.
· Progression opportunities as the business continues to grow.
· Competitive salary and bonus package.
· Further education opportunities.
This is our Sanofi. Discover yours.
We are proud to have been awarded Global Top Employer 2021.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.