Operations Manager, US Oncology Research
(USA – Cambridge, MA)
Sanofi is a global health care leader that is transforming the oncology research and development paradigm. Our goal is to create a dynamic and exciting environment that is dedicated to cutting-edge science and delivering novel life-saving therapies to cancer patients. Our ability to execute on this vision depends on the knowledge, dedication, and innovation of employees throughout the organization. As a part of our team, you will have an opportunity to work with talented and passionate colleagues in Sanofi Oncology Research which is a global organization located in two sites: Cambridge, Massachusetts and Vitry-sur-Seine, France. We are seeking a dynamic Operations Manager, US Oncology Research. The position is based in Cambridge and will directly report to Global Head of Oncology Research Operations based in Vitry France.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager, US Oncology Research role acts as a facilitator with all support functions to ensure that the US Oncology Research requests are treated and completed on due time. In addition, the Operations Manager will work on local and global initiatives that aim at simplification of processes and operational excellence so that scientists can focus on science and deliver on the portfolio.
Financial planning and monitoring:
· Opex, Capex, External budget
· Facilitate budgeting process including need identification, arbitration and optimization.
· Manage the budget including the monitoring, shifting and adjusting of priorities as needed. Enabling the budget approval, the tracking of spending and resolving payment issues.
· Plan, request and monitor the purchase of capital investment equipment.
· Serve as the key interface with the Finance organization (Controlling, Accounting, Purchasing, Planning).
· Provide the Oncology leadership team with monthly dashboards and proposing corrective actions whenever needed.
Personnel & Organization
· Contribute to HC/FTE forecast at major forecasting cycles.
· Act as an ACTIME Resource Manager (overseeing account maintenance and carrying out quarterly report quality).
· Update HC in RESCARD (Resource Management Tool) on a regular basis.
· Manage the Co-ops/Interns recruitment process.
· Assist Managers to obtain temporary workers whenever needed.
· Support continued growth and transformation (facilitate and act as a change agent).
· Support facilitation of HR processes (on-boarding, off-boarding, trainings…).
· Serve as the key interface with HR organization (local Generalists, global HR, Recruiting, Training).
· Oversee space planning for office work space, laboratory space and large instruments & automation space (need identification and optimization).
· Coordinate office and laboratory moves and on boarding of new or transferred employees.
· Serve as the key interface with Facilities stakeholders (Facility Services, Security, Facility Planning, Engineering and IT teams).
Safety & Security (HSSE)
· Serve as the contact with HSE and be a facilitator for Oncology Managers.
· Coordinate the setting up and tracking of HSE objectives within Immuno Oncology and Molecular Oncology.
· Act as an active Member of the Local OIT (Oncology Informatics Team) and serve as a facilitator for the definition and implementation of the Oncology IS needs (in coordination with the Global Head of Bio-Informatics).
· Oversee lab notebook closure activities with goal of moving to eLNB Thin Client.
· Be the interface between ITS / Quality and the Oncology scientists. If needed, set up information meetings, and additional trainings for the scientists.
· Oversee lab notebook auditing process.
· Provide scoring to audit sheets.
· Represent Oncology Research to the Hub Quality team.
· Facilitate interactions with and act as interface for local life sciences communities and for the Boston Hub
· Strengthen coordination and interactions between Cambridge & Vitry sites
· Master and/or MBA with 3 years of operation and budget experience; or Bachelor degree with 5 years of operation and budget experience
· At least 3 year experience in an Operations position in the Pharma industry.
· Strong track record of accomplishments and operational excellence in both high growth entrepreneurial and matrixed large company environment
· Strong Finance knowledge and experience (in depth familiarity with financial planning, budget processes and management, purchasing and accounts payable, accounting)
· Deep understanding and experience regarding personnel, organization and facility (including laboratory) planning, tracking and management
· Approachable and open with firm stand on deliverables and agreed on goals
· Results oriented and focused on providing service and solutions to the organization with a strong motivation for operational excellence
· Ability to switch and prioritize between strategy setting, planning and execution
· Comfortable and efficient in fast moving complex global environment
· Excellent, open and concise communicator; good listener and observer; able to interact with executive leadership
· Keen and able to challenge the status quo and drive change seeking optimal outcomes; commitment to continued improvement
· Customer-oriented mindset; aimed at simplifying bureaucracy and operations procedures for Oncology scientists
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life