Medical Advisor, Rare Disease, Norway
· Identify, develop and maintain collaboration with current and future Key Opinion Leaders;
· Evaluate and approve marketing materials;
· Communicating with KOL´s and MD´s within relevant specialties regarding identification and diagnosing of patients;
· Support field sales and efforts related to presenting clarity around clinical and scientific information;
· Support and maintain Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS);
· Make clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare professionals;
· Advising MD´s about disease awareness;
· Participate in relevant congresses, symposium's and other meetings;
· Be a strong partner to the Sanofi Genzyme Commercial and Medical team, and provide continuous medical advice and training.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Ensure that the latest information on relevant disease areas is available and communicated to the right audiences i.e. for Gaucher, Fabry, Pompe disease and MPS-1;
· Conduct internal medical education to enhance disease and product knowledge;
· Participate in / conduct medical education for KOL's, healthcare professionals through presentations at investigator meetings, advisory boards, and 1:1 meetings to enhance product knowledge;
· Maintain and develop strong relationships with scientific societies and central decision makers at relevant health authorities in Norway (support to other countries might be needed);
· Remain updated on new competitive trends and product opportunities with the purpose of coordinating and reviewing the effectiveness of medical activities;
· Be proactive and provide input on marketing activities;
· Oversee analysis of competitor information and adjust medical activities accordingly;
· Support pricing and reimbursement applications and negotiations when needed;
· Ensure the development of core behaviors with a constant concern to meet legal, regulatory, ethical and social responsibility standards required by local laws and organizational policies, procedures and culture.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies / Language
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Pharmaceutical industry experience;
· Experience in communication with medical authorities, hospitals, physicians /specialists and KOLs as well as other healthcare sector professionals;
· Excellent communication and presentation skills;
· Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently;
· Strategic mind-set whilst being target-oriented and results-driven, with an understanding of short and long term goals;
· A successful track record of developing relationships with patient organizations and other key stakeholders is highly valued;
· Team player and strong interpersonal skills;
· High initiative and problem solving skills;
· Ability to coordinate, manage and priorities resources and workload in a busy professional environment;
· Balanced, yet structured, and fast in decision making processes;
· Ability to work in a professional and international environment, and understands and applies to the explicit corporate standards, practices and code of conduct;
· Professional and mature projection, and self-confident behavior.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Preferably a proven track record with phase 4 studies and ISSs;
· Preferably experience with compliance practices and knowledge of drug safety and regulatory affairs.
This position is required to demonstrate the following LEAD competencies (choose the required LEAD competencies from below):
· Act for Change;
· Cooperate Transversely;
· Strive for Results;
· Commit to Customers;
· Think Strategically;
· Develop People.
· At least Master level degree in medicine or other life science.
· Preferably a PhD degree in medicine, or other life science;
· Preferably a Medical Doctor degree;
· Preferably knowledge of therapeutic areas relevant to Genzyme (Rare Disease, Neurology, MS, Haematology).
Requirements of the job
· Visits as per need to clinics.
· The position is part of Sanofi Genzyme, Medical, Norway, and primarily office based.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.