Looking for a (Jr/Sr) Research Associate within the Analytics team of the CMC Pharmaceutical Development & Technology department.
Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to creating new antibody-based medicines called Nanobodies which will make a real difference to society. Ablynx has currently over 400 people working on the development of Nanobodies for the treatment of a wide range of diseases, including inflammation, hematology, respiratory disease, immuno-oncology and oncology.
The Analytics group of the CMC Pharmaceutical Development & Technology Department at Ablynx is looking for a Research Associate that will be part of the team responsible for the in depth analysis of the quality and stability of lead Nanobodies® during pre-clinical and clinical development. A multitude of assays is being used in the team including standard techniques such as Reversed Phase, Size Exclusion and other (U)HPLC chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, UV- and fluorescence spectroscopy, capillary electrophoresis, Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Micro-Flow Imaging (MFI).
Light obscuration, osmolality and viscosity measurements, endotoxin testing, Host Cell Proteins assay (...) Those techniques are applied:
· In stability studies, stress testing and the development of stable formulations;
· To control the quality and consistency of Nanobody productions and thereby assist in the development of a large-scale manufacturing process for a specific lead Nanobody;
· To perform physico-chemical characterization of Nanobodies, identification of product variants and investigation of degradation pathways.
· Bachelor or Master degree in life sciences (such as Degree of Professional Bachelor in Laboratory Technology or Biotechnology (Laboratory Technician A1), Bachelor or Master in Industrial Sciences (Industrial Engineer), Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical sciences or similar);
· Hands-on mentality and comfortable with controlling high tech instrumentation;
· Able to work independently and in team, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
· Good writing and presentation skills;
· Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
· Good sense for initiative, quality, accuracy and detail;
· Team player;
· Experience in physic-chemical analysis of proteins is an asset;
· Ability to design experiments independently, to plan and perform experiments and to prepare concise reports of the results in English;
· Knowledge of English.
In addition, the candidate applying for a Sr RA level position should:
· Have at least 5 years of experience in laboratory work in industry;
· Experience with some of the above-mentioned techniques is required.
The CV of the applicant should be in English, and include a paragraph specifying the technical expertise.
What we offer
You will be part of a dynamic, international team consisting of ~35 people with different levels of experience. You will have the opportunity and the challenge to work with many different techniques using state-of-the-art equipment, allowing a very steep learning curve.
People applying for a (Jr) RA level position will be offered a 1-year temp contract to start. People applying for a Sr RA level position will be offered a permanent contract.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.