Sanofi is engaging into a review program of its current Back-Office and Finance Systems practices through the implementation of a Global ERP (the Shift project) and Core Models on Finance/Supply chain suite. The Back-Office and Finance/Supply chain Systems Transformation program aims at:
· Enabling Global Business Units (GBU) & Global Functions with Analytics
· Common analytics by GBU and for Global functions to improve performance and cost management
· Transversal data consolidation as well as more granular analyses
· Common budget tools by GBU
· Facilitating a seamless integration of planning and actual data setting-up automation in reporting to enable Global Shared Services (SBS)
· Support SBS strategy by implementing an end-to-end approach (e.g. P2P fully covered by integrated Group solutions from eBuy to AP Invoicing, T&E, etc.)
· Opportunity to consolidate new activities in Shared Services (e.g. Master Data Management, Credit Management) and to develop global Shared Services organization models (e.g. T&E)
· Support reporting factories
· Simplifying processes and Sanofi users’ experience
· State-of-the-art global systems ensuring an end-to-end process integration while providing a simplified user’s experience
· Major changes to reporting or processes handled centrally at once
· One source of truth on master data and a common automated internal control framework
· Improved integration or divestment capabilities through a standardized methodology
The ITS Expert – ERP Finance (Controlling) is responsible for ITS for the design and the deployment of a single technical solution and standardized processes for the Group Controlling standards in a single SAP solution for all businesses on all geographies.
He/she will bring his/her expertise of existing business processes / SAP solutions in legacy systems, best practices and possible improvements, together with the ITS regional network of experts.
He/she will organize and deliver for his/her stream solution design and all project deliverables under the ITS responsibility (SAP solutions design, implementation in the systems, all related documentation).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In the context of the Shift Program, the main duties of the ITS Expert – ERP Finance (Controlling) are:
Design of the Solution
· Provide expertise of existing business processes / SAP solutions in legacy systems
· Collect and consolidate from ITS regional network of experts the knowledge of as-is , best practices and possible improvements
· Contribute with the Business Controlling team to the definition of the global design of the solution based on industry best practices, GBU & Global Support Functions business needs
· Propose adequate SAP solutions minimizing gaps with the SAP standard functionalities by challenging business requirements and specify for customizing and development the agreed solutions.
· Perform impact analysis for application changes for SAP and satellites applications.
· Collect and consolidate impacts for legacy systems
· Contribute to the design of transversal streams :
· Master data management and migration strategy
· Process controls
· Intercompany flows
· Collect and consolidate all information on Controlling required for Infrastructure and application landscape definition
· Deliver all design deliverables defined by the program and under ITS responsibility (e.g. specifications, …)
· Develop self on the new capabilities provided by SAP S4HANA on his/her perimeter
Development and testing
· Organize, complete, unit-test and document the configuration of the system
· Contribute with the development team to the specific developments
· Organize, document and execute integration and system tests.
· Contribute to user acceptance tests and finalize the solution (address defects identified).
· Use properly the documentation and testing tools as defined by ITS quality department.
· Complete all deliverables defined by the program and under ITS responsibility (e.g. test protocols, test reports…)
Migration and go-live
· Contribute to migration activities related to the stream
· Document and execute cut-over activities related to the stream
· Insure go-live support and hypercare activities
Roll-out strategy and roadmap
· Contribute to the definition of the roll-out strategy
· Contribute to the definition of the implementation roadmap
· Post-graduate studies (4/5 years): Master in Finance, Master in Supply chain, Master in Science, Master in IT or Engineering
· Demonstrate a good track record in SAP design and customizing Controlling Module (CO) preferably in a Pharmaceutical / Consumer Products industry.
· Very good general understanding of finance business processes, in particular Controlling and Industrial Controlling with their integration with the Upstream Processes – Sales, Production, Maintenance.
· Operational experience in controlling area would be appreciated.
· Experience of SAP projects in complex and international environment.
· Experience in S/4HANA and Analytics/BW projects is valued.
· Experience with distributed environments and interface specification is valued.
· At ease with Microsoft Office tools, and in general with IS tools.
MAJOR SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Team player, service-oriented
· Dynamic, results driven
· Analytical and synthetic, able to formalize solutions, good writing skills
· Active listener, able to challenge requirements
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Able to convince
· Rigorous, autonomous
· Accountability and Reliability
· Internal: Business (Finance/SBS, Supply chain, Controllers community), ITS partners and contributors (Application teams, ITS/IS, factories)
· External: consulting firms, SAP
We are proud to have been awarded Global Top Employer 2021.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.