Le contenu du poste est libellé en anglais car il nécessite de nombreuses interactions avec nos filiales à l’international, l'anglais étant la langue de travail.
To turn innovative science into novel biologic candidates to improve the health of patients the Large Molecule research (LMR) Department provides a robust engine to discover and deliver innovative biologics to conquer complex diseases via multi-targeting, smart biologics, and intelligent drug design. To strengthen these capacities, we are looking for a Computational protein engineer expert who will be part of Sanofi digital efforts.
The potential of digital and data in healthcare can change the practice of medicine. As of today, digital transformation is a common goal shared by all Sanofi employees that can be applied to different aspects of projects. During the last past years, it has been intensified using data and computation in all aspects of biologics discovery and optimization.
In the context of the new mission of Vitry-sur-Seine site, for which Large Molecules Research Department (LMR) is now in charge of the end-to end biologics generation, e-biology team need to enlarge and reinforce its skills set, by recruiting a skilled computational protein engineer. This scientist will take in charge design and engineering of new biotherapeutics complex formats with the aim to improve molecular entities by in silico design, but also will perform structure-based bioanalyses, ranging from homology modeling to molecular dynamics simulations applied to the understanding. Moreover, this scientist will develop ad hoc analysis pipelines, tailored on the evolution of the antibody generation and selection strategies requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and improving the Biologics design/new molecular entities (safe for patients and optimized for CMC development using rational design/computational modelling).
The role is expected to include, but not be limited to:
· Manage projects and drive operational excellence for developing and implementing process improvements and innovative technological solutions to support Large Molecule discovery
· Be able to put in place new data analysis pipeline for exploring diverse sets of data and capture relevant information based on his/her specific expertise on molecular dynamics simulations (MDS)
· Good knowledge in protein biophysical properties and experimental technics related to be able to propose modification or experimental approach to validate new hypothesis for new potential mechanism of action when necessary of large molecules entities
· Contribute to the implementation of the Digital Strategy: computer guided modeling for virtual epitope-target prediction, affinity maturation of antibodies
· Maintain a strong publication record, in Biochemical and Structural protein properties analysis with hands on experience on state-of-the-art in silico antibody design
· Train others research scientist or Bioinformatician to use/apply new pipelines
Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning to build on internal data and develop new process will be a plus.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must have:
· PhD in bioinformatics – biochemistry – biophysics or related fields
· Demonstrable experience in Structural Bioinformatics or Computational Biophysics or related fields, particularly engaging and working with experts on technical subject matter
· Proven knowledge of protein structures and functions:
· Experienced in protein/antibody therapeutic engineering: knowledge of biophysical approaches to investigate protein/protein mechanisms of actions, development of innovative methods to better understand complex large molecules
· Good understanding of current requirement of biologics design perform in-silico engineering of future new molecules
· Good knowledge of molecular modeling techniques like molecular dynamics simulations, homology modeling, protein descriptors calculations
· Strong programming skills (Python, Perl, C++, …)
· Strong knowledge of statistics (R, bioR3D or similar related software)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
He/she will work with different teams from Research to Development and participate to various challenging projects. This requires demonstrated excellent team working skills and high ability for transversal cooperation.
WHAT MAKES THIS POSITION UNIQUE?
The successful candidate will work within an experienced team, becoming part of a continuum of skills with broader breath. The involvement of e-biology team all along the biotherapeutics compound life requires that he/she must demonstrate his/her ability skills to work transversally from research to development projects.
BENEFITS OF WORKING IN THIS ROLE
Thanks to his/her position, he/she will
· Work independently, pro-actively, as an impactful contributor and/or leader of project teams and transverse initiatives. He/she has a high ability of problem solving and creativity
· Be encouraged to maintain a national and international reputation in the external scientific community through high impact publications, productive scientific collaborations and active participation in conferences, among other activities
This a permanent contract position will be based in France at Vitry-sur-Seine, Paris area.
This unique R&D and industrial site brings together around 2,000 employees (1,500 in R&D and 500 in production), embarked since 2008 on a major shift towards biotechnology, and acquired the necessary capacities to discover, develop and manufacture innovative healthcare solutions for patients around the world. Historically, the Vitry-sur-Seine production and R&D platform has contributed to the discovery, development, and production of major drugs, particularly in the fields of cancer, immune-inflammation, rare neurological diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.