Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Component Pertussis- Media, Washing, and Sterilizing
Reporting To: Component Pertussis- Shift Manager
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioengineering)
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Component Pertussis (cP) team as an Advanced Technician. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Administration of Media, Washing, and Sterilizing activities.
· Participate in daily meetings and report finding to management.
· Ensure all documents (TPR, CPR, logbook) are properly recorded concurrently.
2. Health, Safety, and Environment.
· Wear proper PPE when performing tasks.
· Drive culture of HSE in department.
· Escalate any potential hazards in a timely manner. Help develop proposed solutions.
· Participate in routine HSE checks and inspections.
· Follow safety procedures.
· Ensure chemicals are stored as per HSE requirement, and has MSDS available.
3. Preparation of media, washing, and sterilization, analytical testing, area Monitoring, maintenance.
· Perform accurate formulation calculation and measurements of weigh and volume and release checks. Ensure each cleaning meets standards set in SOP, records, and in accordance with GMP.
· Observe in detail and report any process deficiencies, perform visual inspection of equipment for impurity and damage before and after cleaning.
· Perform utility sampling and environmental monitoring as required and ensure the completion as adhered to schedule.
· Participate in problem solving and trouble shooting.
· Ensure area is inspection ready.
· Load cans and items, lift onto bottle washer.
· Push and assemble items and connectors. Unload hot items, steam exposure potential from autoclave.
· Life urea raw chemicals (25kg) into formulation tanks above shoulder height.
4. Administration of Data Information cP Production.
· Complete SAP transactions in a timely, accurate manner.
· Perform Pharm net web activities.
· Enter all data accurately and in timely manner such as Shop Floor Data, LIMs, Master, change request forms.
5. Process improvement and development.
· Execute protocols related to facility, equipment, and process improvement of production process.
· Assist in modification of SOPs and BPRs for new processes in accordance with change control policies.
· Participate in keeping the production area in a tidy, GMP manner, following 5 S guideline (sort, straighten, shine, standardize, sustain).
· Disinfect area as required in SOP.
· Assist to ensure loading dock and hallways are clean and obstructed by materials or equipment, garbage is discarded daily to designated area outside of production.
· Assist to ensure office area is kept in a tidy clean manner.
· Supply airlock with gowning materials.
· Animate visual management tools.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum three (3) year University Bachelor’s Degree (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioengineering).
· Minimum of eighteen (18) months of previous relevant experience in a biological, biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
· Strong problem solving ability.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
· Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Wednesday 1:30p.m. to 9:30p.m.., and Saturday and Sunday 6:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.