Description de l'offre
The Next Generation Diagnostics (NGDx) group in NIBR Oncology applies cutting edge technologies and analytical approaches to elucidate the molecular basis for therapeutic response in individual cancer patients. NGDx generates sequencing data from thousands of oncology clinical trial samples and brings hypotheses from biomarker discovery to bear on drug discovery and development. A standardized processing and curation approach across disparate trials provides a foundation for advanced datamining and biological discovery.
We are seeking a computational biologist who will advance the translation of genomic data (e.g. RNA-sequencing and cell-free DNA-sequencing) to biomarker discovery in clinical trials. The successful candidate will nurture close collaborations with oncology clinical trial teams, and will contribute to the interpretation of candidate biomarkers. Specific job responsibilities include:
• Collaborate on the design and execution of genomic biomarker profiling studies in oncology clinical trials
• Design and perform analyses of genomic data (gene expression and genetic variation) and clinical variables to test and discover biomarkers for response and resistance to therapy
• Develop innovative analytical approaches with translational impact for clinical genomic data
• Communicate key findings and biological context to clinical trial teams
• Serve as a project leader to oversee workflow of sample processing and data transfer, in collaboration with project managers and data engineers
NGDx Bioinformatics Investigator
• Ph.D. in bioinformatics, genetics, genomics, molecular biology, computer science, statistics, or related field
• Track record of peer-reviewed publications that apply analytical methods and biological interpretation to next-generation sequencing data (DNA-seq and RNA-seq data)
• Solid understanding of genomics and cancer genetics
• Demonstrated statistical and analytical ability with programming expertise in R
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated and scientifically driven with proficient reasoning skills in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation.
• Effective prioritization among multiple projects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively within a team
• Proficiency with Linux tools and Python preferred
Research & Development
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.