Field Service Engineer, Alcon, UK
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for carrying out installation, repair and planned maintenance and performing retrofits and upgrades on Alcon surgical equipment, in accordance with established performance targets. The role is responsible for maintaining high customer satisfaction within the territory and facilitating rapid communications and problem resolution. From time-to-time, the role will be required to cover other territories across the UK and Ireland, which includes overnight stays as required.
• Perform Pre Delivery inspection instrument checks and item schedules at Alcon offices or in-situ as necessary
• Perform preventative maintenance routines: maintain and repair equipment, perform commissioning and provide service training for new equipment installation as scheduled etc.
• Install retrofits, upgrades and instruct customers of resultant benefits and changes in accordance with Field Safety notice instructions
• Perform ‘emergency’ visits as requested by customers as part of their contracted service agreements or on a one off billable basis
• Ensure all resources (parts, tools etc.) are available for successful customer call completion
• Accurately and thoroughly document customer calls and work carried out on the company’s CRM system.
• Minimise instrument failure call back
• Arrange and schedule visits to customer sites whenever necessary and arrange for additional customer support as required, communicating with customers on a daily basis. Demonstrating knowledge of the complete surgical procedure and assist the customer with all aspects of the use/set up of the instrument (not including clinical support)
• Communicate regularly with the wider Surgical team to ensure all commercial opportunities are maximized including promotion of products features/benefits
• Consult with local and international management on chronic or unusual problems
• Provide feedback to the Alcon Sales Force and Management Team to ensure high levels of communication. This should include customer, competitor and market information gained through customer contact
• Maintain and uphold an excellent company image, by way of personal presentation both in attitude, dress and condition of company car at all times
• Work the hours necessary to achieve objectives on a daily, weekly, monthly and cycle basis to achieve targets including but not limited to first time fix, same or next day response.
• Ensure that adequate administrative duties are carried out to guarantee efficient operation of territory
• Ensure your personal level of knowledge and training are up-to-date and adequate for your primary tasks
• Work to all relevant Alcon work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Control expenses within budgeted guidelines and in a timely manner.
• Any other duties or projects as requested by the Line Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience and/or training
Alcon is a world innovator in eye care and the second-largest division of Novartis. As the global leader, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs. We offer the broadest spectrum of surgical, pharmaceutical and vision care products to treat many eye diseases and conditions.
While meeting patients’ needs in every aspect of Eyecare, the diversity of the franchise model across Alcon gives associates the opportunity to experience a commercial environment spanning medical devices, primary and secondary care and OTC.
Alcon has one mission: to provide innovative products that enhance quality of life by helping people see better.
Benefits of Working for Alcon:
• Competitive Salary
• Annual Bonus
• Pension Scheme
• Share Scheme
• Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance
• Subsidised Canteen
• Employee Recognition Scheme
• Sports & Social Club
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
Field Service Engineer