Description de l'offre
The Chemical Biology and Therapeutic platform is searching for a scientist to develop and run biochemical and cell-based high-throughput screening (HTS) assays. We are looking for a flexible and motivated team player with practical experience in developing and executing assays for drug discovery. The successful candidate will work with strong expert project team members to develop and optimize assays to support drug discovery efforts across multiple therapeutic areas. The candidate should have a strong background in biochemistry and/or cell biology.
In this position, you will collaborate closely with project team members to assist in the development and implementation of assays on automated systems. You will have access to state-of-the-art automation and equipment covering all assay read-out technologies. To this end, you will develop, optimize, adapt and evaluate assay protocols suitable for automated screening. As well, you will independently run the necessary counterscreens and secondary assays required to validate and characterize compounds as well as medium-throughput screens of focused libraries on stand-alone workstations. In addition to working with automation team members, your duties also involve close collaboration with reagent production laboratories, e.g. through enzymatic testing of protein preparations or alignment of cell supply from automated cell culture systems.
As well, you will evaluate, implement and apply novel readout technologies as well as state-of-the-art technologies which can be constructed to assay biology in new ways. You will document the large amount of data generated in your studies both in databases and in writing, and present your results in project team meetings.
Assay Biologist and Screening Scientist (BS or MS)
Minimum requirements are BS, MS, or equivalent in a relevant Life Science discipline or a completed apprenticeship with demonstrated drug discovery experience
• Proven record of assay development in an academic or industrial environment
• Strong background in biochemistry and/or cell biology to understand mechanism of disease
• Experience in or capability to learn large-scale data handling and databases
• Experience in laboratory automation and interest in novel readout technologies
• Experience in High-Throughput Screening is of advantage
• Open and proactive communicator, excellent writing skills, customer-oriented, used to interact with various stakeholders in a multidisciplinary team setting
• Reliable and flexible team player, used to share tasks and projects
• Track record of successfully prioritizing, keeping timelines and good organization skills
• Independent and accurate working style, results-driven and committed to quality
Research & Development
CBT - NIBR
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.