We have recently launched an online streetwear brand, Salaam Apparel, which is inspired by Arabic Calligraphy and Culture with the message of Salaam (Peace). We have launched a collection of snapback caps and will be launching our collection of TShirts, Hoodies, Yoga Pants and more in the near future.
We are seeking a passionate, fashion savvy Sales and Marketing Intern to work with us on building our brand locally and online. The ideal candidate will be a driven, creative, self-motivated and results driven individual with great digital marketing, PR, and basic design skills that wants to learn and grow with our brand.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
1. Development and Administration of a Content Calendar and Social Media Marketing Plan
2. Development of an Annual Events Plan and Event Support
3. Blogger/Influencer Outreach and PR
4. Content Marketing- Writing and Distributing Articles, Press Releases Etc
5. Support with the admin of the online store (Shopify)
6. Basic SEO, on page and off page
7. Design and Management of Paid Social Ad Campaigns
8. Sales and Distribution: Support with the identification and negotiation of retail distribution agreements, consignments, pop up store opportunties, collaborations etc.
9. Industry/Trend/Competitor Research and Analysis to formulate marketing strategies
10. Arrange photoshoots
11. Email Marketing
The candidate will also have the opportunity to work with us on our Management Consulting Business if he/she is interested and will be given the opportunity to explore his/her creativity in all aspects of the businesses and learn how to growth hack a start up to success.
Remuneration for this internship role is: £800/month paid weekly plus travel expenses
Work Hours: 6-7 Hours/day, flexible hours
Bachelor Degree in Fashion Marketing, Marketing, Digital Marketing or Similar with experience in the industry is ideal.
Key Skills required:
-Digital Marketing Skills including basic SEO, social media marketing, content marketing, PR
-Intermediate Design Skills with Adobe Suite or equivalent
- Image editing and publish apps (rich media)
-Proficient English Writing Skills
-Great communication and interpersonal skills
-Research and Analysis Skills
-Intermediate Knowledge of Fashion Industry Value Chain
-Basic Fashion Design Skills (a plus)
-Arabic Language (a big plus)
-A keen willingness to learn, apply, and grow!