We have a fantastic opportunity for a Yard Supervisor to join our Jewson’s Team based in Chorley.
As this role is working in the warehouse and yard, you’ll often be working outside, so this is a great job for people who love to be outdoors. Full workwear and PPE are supplied.
Hours of work : Monday to Friday – 07:00 or 7:30am start and 4:30pm or 5:00pm finish, plus alternative Saturdays 8am – 12pm
What will I be doing?
As Yard Supervisor, you will have one of the most important roles within the branch network. You and your team will regularly be the first and last point of contact for customers visiting the branch, so you play a huge part in leading and supporting your team to deliver a fantastic customer experience as well as promoting and maximising sales.
To support the team, you will;
· Welcome customers to the branch and take an active interest in their projects
· Get to know our product lines so you can offer advice and help to customers, making the most of all customer interactions in line with our Jewson Values
· Help to prepare customer orders, load and unload customer and supplier vehicles using a Forklift Truck to minimise manual handling (training will be provided)
· Lead and support the team to deliver success and suggest opportunities for improvement
· Check incoming deliveries and report missing or damaged products
· Maintain stock levels in both the shop and yard areas, carrying out regular stock counts
· Keep the branch looking clean and tidy, to make a great first impression on our customers
· Use our in-house systems to process customer orders to support the branch team, as and when required
· Make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit great people that really understand our values and ways of working. Experience within our industry is not essential, we are committed to providing you with the full tools and support required to carry out your role within Jewson. So, if you have a passion for So if you have a passion for leading and supporting teams to deliver great customer service, always look to put the customer first; can build trust and are able to proactively seek out solutions that are right for our customers, then you are likely to be a great fit!
Who are we ?
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 7 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about working with people, you’re able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Yard Supervisor.
Jewson is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and we pride ourselves on doing everything we can to understand our Customers needs in order to deliver solutions to save them time, money and hassle. Our Colleagues are critical to our Customers’ success and you will be working with a team that proactively supports them in every way possible. If you love working with people, you’re a good listener and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this could be a great opportunity for you to join our team.
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.