Utilizing WCM principles and practices, the Siding World Class Manufacturing Engineer assists in driving the overall education and deployment of World Class Manufacturing to US plants as well as the advancement of the North America Cost Reduction pillar. The position will lead focused improvement projects under the guidance of a Regional WCM Manager. The position assists in ensuring rapid pace of implementation without compromising the quality of WCM standards. This is a key developmental position in succession planning for small plant department managers within the organization.
Safety & Environment:
· Is knowledgeable of and performs all work in accordance with CT health & safety rules and practices.
· Continually drives safe behavior by performing SMAT’s, TASK audits and risk assessment when on site.
· Complies with environmental standards performing EMATs as needed.
· With direction from the Regional WCM Manager, provides demonstrable leadership of the WCM program in our US plants to ensure WCM is implemented at a rapid pace without compromising the quality of WCM Standards through:
· Lead and/or participate in multi-plant continuous improvement projects aligned with the overall strategic direction of the North American WCM program
· Train small groups on the WCM philosophy and tools
· Develop process control strategies and standards to improve operational efficiency
· Assist plants in the identification and prioritization of cost deployment projects, to assure each plant has a healthy project pipeline
· As a WCM Subject Matter Expert and Business Partner, provide training, support and direction to plant management teams as appropriate to help them identify, analyze, and solve operational problems
· Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) relative to the WCM program across the region and report cumulative progress to the local Management Team and Senior Leadership
Cost Reduction Pillar Team Member
· As part of the Cost Reduction Pillar team ensure:
· Shares ownership with Plant manager to deliver budgeted Cost Savings and identified Cost Reduction Project Pipeline
· Help identify the trends and optimize the cost savings
· Drive the continuous improvement effort forward at the local level by reinforcing with all plant personnel the importance of using Root Cause Analysis to make decisions based on validated data
· Assist or lead processes to assure repeatable and accurate OEE data, including the multiple systems that collect this data (Mii, Qlikview, Access databases, Ignition, etc.)
· In coordination with the Regional WCM Manager, assists other WCM Managers in the development and delivery of efficient and effective WCM Program and tools training in the following areas:
· Introduction to World Class Manufacturing including:
· General Philosophy
· Basic Tools
· Foundational Systems
· Safety & Environment
· Focused Improvement
· Preventative Maintenance
· Quality & Process Control
· Autonomous Maintenance
Bachelor’s degree in engineering / science plus 3 – 5 years manufacturing experience
Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), strong team player
Proven application of Lean Six Sigma tools with Lean 6-Sigma Green Belt
Strong Facilitation skills
Problem solving skills
Basic Process Knowledge
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Manufacturing process understanding
Open and responsive to ongoing coaching and training
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.