At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Warehouse Operative .
You’ll be working for International Decorative Surfaces in Morley, Leeds. International Decorative Surfaces (IDS) is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK. International Decorative Surfaces are the UK’s largest distributor of decorative surfaces specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, compact, panel products, solid surface and wall panelling. With an annual turnover of more than £120 million we take the business of fulfilling our customers’ needs very seriously. We make more than 2,000 daily deliveries using our fleet of over 100 vehicles achieving a 99% on-time, in-full, service record.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! A great Warehouse Operative at IDS will put safety above all else, work well in a team and be enthusiastic about the work they do. As a quick learner, you’ll be flexible to work in different areas, take responsibility for the work you do and always show good attention to detail.
There is some specific skills and attitudes we are looking for from suitable candidates;
· Experience of working in a warehouse environment – ideally with customer interaction
· Ability to load and unload products whilst maintaining their pristine condition
· Good command of English, speaking, writing and reading
· Excellent customer service and communication skills
· Good numeracy skills
· Is happy working in a fast-paced targeted environment
· Has experience of Manual Handling Equipment
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Warehouse Operatives are very important to the smooth running of the business. Their role is important to help ensure products are where they need to be on time, in perfect condition and always working with the customers’ needs at the forefront. To support our customers to succeed you will;
· Checking incoming stock deliveries against paperwork for quantity and quality. Put away in correct locations
· Picking correct goods for outgoing orders and checking quantity and quality at all times
· Help prepare for and carry out regular stock takes in accordance with company stock take procedures Operate all MHE safely. Company will provide training
· Comply to all PPE requirements at all times
· General housekeeping duties
· To assist with customer collecting goods in a professional manner
· Any reasonable duty as requested by your line manager
Who are we ?
Are IDS and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.