VIE - Project Engineer - H/F
Russellville, USA Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
Saint-Gobain CertainTeed in Russellville is looking for a VIE. This position is designed to accomplish goals of the organization by the judicious application of knowledge and experience in project planning, selection, purchase, installation, operation & maintenance, modifications & modernization of equipment & systems, to improve the working environment, protect physical facilities, and increase productivity.
This position requires technical skills and knowledge of the process as well as strong capabilities in areas of planning, scheduling, organizing, follow up and cost control.
· Develop new or modify existing equipment, machines, or processes to improve product quality, service reliability, reduce costs or increase capacity,
· Perform calculations and cost estimates of mechanical systems,
· Plan mechanical project work through team coordination meeting and scheduling,
· Troubleshoot and make improvements of operations, efficiency and safety,
· Consult with manufacturing engineers and maintenance personnel on mechanical projects, problems and techniques to resolve critical situations expeditiously and achieve production goals,
· Update and maintain current documentation of mechanical specifications, drawings and safety procedures,
· Define the problems of requesting department and translate them into engineering solutions through innovation and advanced engineering approaches,
· Responsible for conducting training of equipment and ensure that procedures are handed off to operators of the area,
· Apply WCM tools to projects and processes to improve quality, reduce defects and thereby improving costs,
· Ensure adherence to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities,
· Participate in Incident & Near Miss Investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions,
· Responsible for supporting and maintaining 5S systems.
· Master’s degree in automation or mechanical engineering, or any related field,
· A first experience in manufacturing environment is a plus,
· Ability to project design and management for process and machines,
· Advanced computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Office Programs,
· Proven ability in problem analysis and resolution,
· Knowledgeable in the effective use of Six Sigma and/or WCM principles, tools and methods,
· Strong communication & interpersonal skills,
· Excellent command of English, both verbal and written,
· Curiosity, autonomous, and good self-motivated.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.