We are looking for a VIE to work on the process development of pipe sections and develop the necessary measurement methods to test and validate a new product / process.
Your main tasks will be to :
· Look for existing measurement methods for the relevant parameters, develop new test methods and validate their reliability by carrying out trials and measures, manual labor to execute trials, define measurement procedures and train the needed people,
· Use the developed measurement methods in order to find the parameters of the machine that allow to optimize the quality of pipe sections
· Valide the capability of the machine to manufacture the optimized pipe section in reliable way
· Active participation as a member of the project team; bring new ideas during project and innovation meetings, look for solutions in brainstorming sessions
· Discuss with process experts at various corporate research centers in Germany and France
For this position, we are looking for someone with a mechanical engineering, material sciences or physics background. Basis in German are a plus for this position.
In this environnement you will have to do some test on the production line in team with the operators so we are looking for someone with a hands-on approach and good communication skills.
Furthermore, if you are selfdriven and known for your rigour, this position is made for you !
Please be aware that the VIE is a French government program open only to citizens of the European Economic Area* under 28 years of age. For more information concerning the V.I.E. program please visit www.civiweb.com.
*28 Member States of the European Union including Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Monaco
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.