VIE - Automation Process Engineer - H/F
Amherst, USA Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
Saint-Gobain Boron Nitride is looking for a driven, energetic VIE Automation Engineer to join our team in Amherst, NY. This position will support the digital transformation of the Boron Nitride Amherst, NY manufacturing location. This position will provide automation and electrical knowledge in the implementation and support of plant automation, systems integration, and data acquisition systems. The focus will be on improving plant reliability through creating redundancies, and upgrading power supplies, breakers, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
· Collaborate effectively with stakeholders to assist in definition of business needs as they relate to automation and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) implementation,
· Plan, design, and participate in the completion of projects towards long term optimization, systems integration, and process improvement,
· Responsible for technical deliverables for the MES system (Ignition) and ERP system (QAD),
· Install and improve use of automation, controls, and programming,
· Provide hands-on assistance to Operators and manufacturing personnel on the production floor to identity opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions,
· Lead, direct, develop, and train personnel on new processes, equipment, and procedures as required while maintaining existing process documentation,
· Write project reports and make oral presentations of work progress to articulate and convey project developments to all appropriate supervisory, management, and manufacturing personnel,
· Define the needs for automation to be integrated into Capex,
· Support local team in automation projects realization and machine connectivity.
· Master’s degree in Automation, Electrical, or Controls Engineering,
· A first experience in manufacturing environment, or within a quality department is a plus,
· Process optimization, project management, strong data analysis and problem-solving skills,
· Automation / MES project execution experience (requirements analysis, design definition, software development and solutions implementation) with Ignition,
· Experience with programming language and with HMI and PLCs,
· Strong communication & interpersonal skills,
· Excellent command of English, both verbal and written,
· Curiosity, autonomous, and self-motivated.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain is a world leader in developing innovative, high-performance solutions through our unparalleled expertise in Boron Niride (BN) synthesis, densification, and slurry development for electronics, aerospace, metals processing, and semiconductor markets.
Saint-Gobain Ceramics Division regroups Saint-Gobain’s businesses specialized in ceramic-based solutions for industrial clients. Our product range spans from advanced ceramic grains and powders to specialty refractories and ceramic systems. We offer “Material Solutions That Make a Difference”, in the sense that our ceramic products and services are mission-critical to our customers’ own applications.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.