This position will support the digital transformation of the Surface Conditioning business in its 2 largest plants, based in Olyphant PA and Anaheim CA (ca. 75% of time supporting the Olyphant plant, and 25% the Anaheim plant). This role is of critical importance for the strategic development of the business as the markets it supports, and in particular the semiconductor industry, have evolved towards more stringent needs with the development of higher precision nodes.
This requires in consequence to develop more robust processes, with high level of automation, and the use of sensors to set in place Statistical Process Controls (SPC).
During this assignment, the candidate will be responsible for identifying the bottlenecks in production processes and how automation can solve them; developing automated controls to improve the quality and process robustness; proposing digital roadmap and prioritizing the projects together with the plant managers and digital and automation manager of Specialty Grains and Powders (SGP); developing the budget and calculation of the payback when applicable, and carrying the projects out.
Olyphant Plant :
· Propose a 3Y roadmap to support Olyphant production process, with a clear priority on the shops serving semiconductor industries,
· Focus on physical automation, machine connectivity and data visualization & analysis,
· Develop & apply competencies in Ignition coding (MES & HMI, data collection), sensors, PLC set up, PID regulation loops,
· Define the needs for shop automation to be integrated into Capex (maintenance & new equipment’s),
· Contribute to the QAD (ERP rollout) project and administrative tasks automation.
Anaheim Plant :
· Support local team in defining the 3Y roadmap, with the aim of improving lead time and reducing production costs,
· Support local team in automation projects realization and machine connectivity.
· Master’s degree or equivalent, in Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Programming, IT or similar field,
· A prior experience in manufacturing environment with a taste for Process,
· Experience in Industrial Automation Coding (Python, PLC) is preferred,
· Ability to work independently and with limited supervision,
· Ability to work in a team setting on a shop floor environment,
· Accept critical input, and to provide support efforts of others,
· Good communications skills, especially in English and related to preparing technical reports and presentations,
· Strong interpersonal skills, in the shop floor environment as well on the central management environment,
· Excellent problem solving skills and able to coach and lead others in identifying root cause(s) and implementing solutions,
· Strong leadership and technical skills,
· Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Surface Conditioning serves a multitude of high end markets, with more than 50% of its sales in the electronics industry, and in particular for the semiconductor market. We are making one of the essential products necessary in the production of chips, whose growth is driven by higher safety and electrification of the industry, in particular the development of Electric Vehicles, supporting our purpose of Making the World a Better Home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.