CertainTeed is Hiring!
The CertainTeed facility in L’Anse Michigan manufactures ceiling tiles. We work hard together and to create an environment that teaches our employees manufacturing skills.
We are looking for a dedicated maintenance electrician to increase our team’s efficiencies by supporting maintaining our facilities and equipment electrical systems. We offer a comprehensive training/programming as well as on the job experience that will hone your electrical skills.
Schedule: Training conducted on day shift (7a.m. to 3 p.m.) with rotating shifts after training completed. Individuals must be flexible on shift hours assigned and overtime requirements.
Compensation: Starting wage $23.43/Hour $23.53 (after 60 actual worked days’ probation period
· Medical (with vision), Dental, 401k with match, Defined Pension, wellness program, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Large organization offers lots of internal growth opportunities. Many of our internal company leaders spent time at plant site locations all across the United States and elsewhere!
Career Training & Development:
· Comprehensive safety training program (defined SOPs and work instructions)
· Career development/advancement
· Following all safety rules and rules as established in employee handbook.
· Follows standard operating procedures.
· Properly maintains all electrical systems in the plant including the production line, associated process machines/equipment and building/facility equipment.
· Performs equipment troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance and improvement to increase equipment uptime. Supports Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as necessary.
· Constructs, installs, adjusts, repairs and maintains electrical, electronic, instrumentation and control equipment and various other devices necessary for the efficient operation of the plant.
· Performs maintenance PMs of all plant equipment.
· Completes maintenance work orders as needed.
· Maintains good housekeeping as established by Operator Duty Sheets and identifies gaps and areas for improvement.
· Operates forklift as needed.
· Maintains tools and equipment in good working condition.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Minimum 2 years Associate degree in electrical, electronics or related field.
· Experience with PLCs, VFDs, AC/DC circuit analysis, general power distribution systems including 480 VAC MCC and substations.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong commitment to safety.
· Previous work experience in manufacturing is a plus, but not required
· Collaborative, interested in learning & growth. Problem solving and innovative.
· Ability to communicate positively with co-workers, supervisors and managers
• Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to climb stairs.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.