With an ambitious plan to build an innovative and service-driven company, Bassetts opened its doors in 1978. Now, 40 years on, the award-winning plumbers' merchant has 17 branches covering every county in Northern Ireland. Bassetts are known for supplying quality plumbing, heating, bathroom and renewable energy solutions, to the trade and public. A local company with global backing. The company have found the perfect balance between being focused on Northern Ireland while also reaping the benefits of being part of the Saint-Gobain Group, a worldwide company with over 1,000 outlets in the UK and 4,100 worldwide operating from 67 countries with a workforce of 181,000. Bassetts are a people business; our customer’s come to us and stay with us because we have knowledgeable staff that are very much a part of your local community. We are proud that our employees are long-serving and that they can work and develop themselves in our supportive environment.
· Provision of excellent customer service at the trade counter
· Plan, organise and coordinate sales and deliveries, from the trade counter and warehouse to ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved.
· Ensuring all paperwork is handled efficiently.
· Controlling costs and maximise sales opportunities and profitability.
· Merchandising within the trade counter area ensuring all products are properly stocked and presented at all times.
· Working as part of a team and promote excellent customer service within the department, ensuring all necessary procedures are followed.
· Ensuring stock is maintained at a satisfactory level and that proper ordering procedures are followed.
· Selecting goods from storage area and preparing orders for delivery
· Loading and offloading vehicles manually and with a forklift according to company’s specifications
· Maintaining good communication with Branch Manager
· General store duties and housekeeping
· Evidence of success in a previous sales role
· Confident, outgoing personality
· Excellent communication skills Self-motivated and professional personality
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
You can find details of our ‘Applicant Data Privacy Notice’ here: https://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/sites/saint-gobain.co.uk/files/2021-03/Saint%20Gobain%20Applicant%20UK%20Ireland%20Data%20Privacy%20Notice%20Mar%202021%20VF.pdf