If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
Looking for a GREAT place to work? You've found it!
Saint-Gobain, a Global Top Employer, is looking for a Tool Maker in their Orange, CT Plant.
We offer competitive salaries, matching 401k, bonus program, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, Medical/RX/Dental benefits start day 1 and so much more.
Tool Makers are responsible for the safe, efficient operation of all CNC and manual tool room equipment to fabricate and/or repair precision parts, dies and other machined components to support production operations. This particular role will require a strong background in CNC Lathe programming and must be comfortable with strict form tolerances. Our Tool Makers have overall responsibility for the quality of their product and must have excellent attention to detail with regards to form, fit and function.
· Machining tools, fixtures and die components prior to and after heat treating.
· Must be able to read, review, understand and interpret blueprint specifications for machined and/or fabricated parts with special focus on stamping die components. Competent in use of inspection tools.
· Must have general inspection knowledge and experience with Master Cam.
· Experience with measuring tools (mics/calipers, bore gauges, etc.) for size and quality verification based upon specifications
· Must be Able to Use Inspection Tools.
· Must have 2+ years in Experience Set-up & Programming.
· Must be Able to work Independently.
· Must be a Strong Team Player.
· Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated, as required.
· Operates surface grinders, tool room lathe, turning and mill.
· Performs precise grinding of tooling and uses various gages and micrometers as required.
· Troubleshoots and follows-through with solution to problem.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 3+ years’ experience in machining/tool making.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in set-up and programming, Master Cam strongly desired
· Solid experience in operations a variety of manual and CNC controlled machinery to produce precision parts and components to exact specifications
· Ability to review and understand engineering drawings, customer provided part drawings, manuals specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished parts, sequence of operations and set up requirements
· Must be flexible and willing to work overtime and weekends as necessary
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.