We are looking for an enthusiastic and organised Tool Hire Supervisor to join our team at Jewson in Guildford (GU1 4UB)!
As a Tool Hire Supervisor , your role will be essential to keeping our tool hire department running smoothly. This role has a strong focus on building customer relationships, upselling our tool hire offer and supervising the department all while being a positive ambassador of the Jewson name.
We’re a busy and well established branch in a great location in central Guildford. We have a sales office, warehouse, shop & counter, timber supply and customer delivery vehicles. If you love working with people, you’re a good listener and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this could be a great opportunity for you to join our team!
Is this role right for me?
If you have experience in the Tool Hire or Builder’s Merchant industry, and have a passion for leading and supporting teams to deliver great customer service, this is the role for you!
· Full clean UK driving licence
· Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work accordingly
· Strong communication skills
· Experience dealing with internal and external customers
· Leadership experience would also be beneficial to the role
Hours of work: 7:30am-17:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am-12:00pm every other Saturday
What will I be doing?
Our Tool Hire Supervisors are essential within the branch network, you will build relationships with customers and understand their wider requirements in order to maximise sales growth. You will be in regular contact with our customers and therefore you play a huge part in delivering a fantastic customer experience. In order to support our customers and deliver a great service you will;
· Proactively promote and upsell our tool hire offer with potential customers
· Supervising a small team to ensure that great relationships are developed with our customers
· Collaborate with the wider network to support customer requirements and business activities
· Get to know the local market to support plans for sales growth
· Organise delivery and collection of our hire products
· Occasionally carry out basic maintenance and cleaning of our tool hire equipment in the workshop
· Make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
· Work with colleagues to suggest opportunities for improvement
What will we offer you?
Jewson is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and our colleagues are critical to our customers’ success, we are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 7 consecutive years. We are pleased to offer you:
· A competitive salary
· A discretionary bonus scheme
· Opportunities for career progression and development
· 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), plus the option to buy or sell additional days
· A defined contribution pension scheme
· Great discounts across high street chains, online stores and holiday agents
· Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
· Access to a leading health and wellbeing portal
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
If this sounds like the right move for you and ticks all of your boxes, we would love to hear from you. Apply today with an up-to-date CV and we will be in touch!