At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you enjoy a ‘hands-on’ role working with equipment and also enjoy working with people and making customers feel welcome, then this Tool Hire Assistant could be a great opportunity for you.
This Tool Hire Assistant role is working in our Jewson Branch in Oxford. Jewson is the biggest employer in the UK Saint-Gobain business, with over 500 branches.
What will I be doing in this role?
The Tool Hire Assistant role is a varied and busy role.You will build successful working relationships with customers, colleagues, and suppliers delivering excellent customer service both face to face and over the phone, as well being able to demonstrate the correct use of the tools in line with high levels of Health & Safety guidance.
Key day to day duties include:
· Serving customers both face to face and over the phone –making sure that sales orders and delivery schedules are processed accurately and promptly
· Delivering tools to customers and demonstrating the correct use of the equipment in line with stringent Health & Safety guidelines
· Servicing and maintenance of all tools making sure that any technical problems, faults and repairs are dealt with efficiently
· Ad hoc administration to ensure that all tool hire reports and health & safety data is up to date
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills:
· A customer-focused approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with customers and suppliers
· The ability to communicate with customers as you will be expected to demonstrate the safe and correct use of equipment
· Strong mechanical mind-set – you may not have worked with tools before but can demonstrate an understanding of, or interest in mechanical equipment
· A positive attitude and the desire to want to continually improve our service
· A full driving licence to be able to deliver equipment locally
Please note that product and system training can be provided where applicants may lack this knowledge. We encourage applications from all background if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.