If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The Automation Technology Partner I is responsible for specifying, installing, documenting, and troubleshooting automation equipment for new and existing products and processes, translating conceptual designs into functional equipment and products. The automation engineer will improve plant and equipment operating efficiency by providing automation and engineering support to the plant operations. This is a highly technical role that has three (3) main components: ideation/deployment, design/build, and installation/startup. The automation engineer will interface with process experts to identify and solve safety, quality, delivery and efficiency improvements. Utilization of project management skills to define, plan, track, document and bringing projects to successful completion on time. This position also will work in a team environment within the group as well as across all departments as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training required, plus 2 years’ experience in technical automation experience.
· Proven experience in project management.
· Demonstrated track record of Design using CAD software packages
· Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
· Knowledge of 3D printing in a practical environment preferred
· Experience with robotic controls and programming / PLC preferred
· Working knowledge of quality systems required with a familiarity of medical regulations preferred.
· Design/Build - execute and validate capital cost saving programs to improve quality of product and labor efficiency
· Ensure successful start-up of new equipment into production utilizing the Installation, Operation Process Qualification(s) (IQ/OQ/ PQ) and Management of Change (MOC) on all new processes and tools. Support existing manufacturing equipment in use on the production floor.
· Ideation/WCN Deployment: Assess current production efficiencies and develop proposals for improvements through completion of WCM Green Belt, Six Sigma projects, WCM cost saving projects and automation solutions.
· Engineering teams throughout the facility to integrate automation designs onto the production floor. Knowledge share across Engineering teams.
· Exhibit safety awareness and model safe work practices in all aspects of the job.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.