The main objective of this position is to execute the complete Technical Service function as required to support Sales and Marketing efforts and to ensure Customer Service Excellence goals are met for key customers, distributors and international and domestic affiliates for specific market areas of responsibility.
The main functions of the role include:
· Closed Loop Quotation Management: Analyze and interpret customer designs to determine product specifications and availability of tooling. Recommend product mix based on product application and required specifications. Initiate feasibility requests from Manufacturing Engineering to establish manufacturing process and product cost. Exercise discretion and sound judgement in formulating a price for each product, ensuring budgeted profit margins, as established by the respective Market Manager, are met. Determine appropriate lead-time based upon required quality, process, and current dating guidelines. Prepare the formal offer and send to customer. Follow up on all quotations (new and lost).
· Process Customer Sales Orders: Review and interpret customer purchase orders to determine if product has been previously quoted. If the order has not yet been quoted, follow the above mentioned actions to determine feasibility, availability and price. Analyze terms of the order to confirm agreed upon price, delivery schedule, conformance to technical specifications, blueprint tolerances, pre-assembly requirements, packing and marking instructions and shipment terms and conditions. Renegotiate terms and conditions as required to resolve potential conflict, to protect the interests of the business and to insure promised requirements are met.
· Proactive Status Updates: Follow up on all aspects of the order and interact with customers on all matters including order status, expediting requests, quality complaints, returned materials, credits and allowances. Monitor all orders to insure delivery schedules are met. Formally report progress and order status to the customer as necessary. Provide late order notifications to customers, troubleshoot problems that may occur from delays. Maintain consignment inventories for key accounts, replenishing depleted stock and invoicing for goods sold as product is consumed. Respond to off-hour calls from customers as required to resolve customer emergencies.
· Inside Sales – Proactive sales support and additional focus on assigned Customer Accounts. When applicable, visit customers with or without Application Engineers and participate in customer visits to the plant as scheduled. Maintain customer profiles as required. Proactively reach out to new and assigned to increase potential business.
· KPI Tracking and Reporting
· New Customer On-Boarding experience: Manage new customer relationships and explain processes.
· BS/BA in Business Administration or Engineering (or equivalent) is required.
· 3- 5 years Customer Service, Business, or Engineering experience required.
· Able to interpret complex designs and application specifications.
· Working knowledge of INCO Terms, importing, exporting and international trade practices including letters of credit preferred.
· Business Administration skills to include Salesforce, SAP, NPS experience
· Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills including negotiating.
· The incumbent must be able to act independently and exercise sound judgement to respond to customer needs and resolve customer complaints.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics is a worldwide manufacturer of high temperature specialised refractory materials. Our products are manufactured for the Ceramics, Metallurgy, Foundry, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Waste Processing and Glass Making Industries. We specialise in products ranging from refractory bricks, tiles and blocks to mortar, cements, ramming and gunnable monolithics and trowelling mixes to low mass kiln furniture systems.
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.