Purchasing Administration Assistant – Ceramic Tile Distributors (CTD)
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated Purchasing Administration Assistant to join our team within our Leeds location.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as a Purchasing Administration Assistant you will;
· Maintain internal K8 system accurately
· Use Microsoft Excel reports to evaluate stock to be placed with suppliers
· Place purchase orders with external suppliers
· Liaise with suppliers regarding product orders and pricing
· Communicate with sales force and branches to manage project pricing and quantities
· Investigate and communicate out of stocks to the region
· Maintain and add stock levels for stocked products
· General office administration
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in a Purchasing Assistant?
We are looking for an individual who has excellent written and verbal skills including a professional telephone manner for dealing with all parties, purchasing experience preferable but not essential.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Ceramic Tile Distributors, CTD has been established in the UK for over 40 years, supplying all sectors of the wall and floor tile market.
With Group Headquarters in Newcastle Upon Tyne covering the UK in Scotland, Northern England, Yorkshire & Lancashire, South West and South West giving full geographical spread across the country.
With over 100 strategically located trade centres and showrooms, we offer an unrivalled product portfolio and delivery service.
Working with a broad base of local and national clients keep us focused on the needs of our customers, and changes in design and demand.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
· A great open working environment.
· A defined contribution pension scheme.
· 31 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 33 with service).
· A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
· As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
· Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
You can find details of our ‘Applicant Data Privacy Notice’ here: https://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/sites/saint-gobain.co.uk/files/2021-03/Saint%20Gobain%20Applicant%20UK%20Ireland%20Data%20Privacy%20Notice%20Mar%202021%20VF.pdf