Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
In this role, the Site Buyer will be responsible for managing all purchasing and compliance functions for the CertainTeed, Las Vegas facility. This position will perform all purchasing activities, negotiate payment terms, and execute contracts for goods and services. This role also has focus on cost savings, implementation and adherence to global compliance, and utilization of digital tools while providing timely service to our internal customers.
Plant Purchasing Duties:
· Develops and maintains a Road Map to assess local suppliers. Negotiates local spend and contracts utilizing Saint-Gobain e-tools for bidding (ProSource) for all opex and capex spend over $20k.
· Reports all hard and soft savings at the end of each project using Purchaser Performance Management (PPM) e-tool. Owns monthly reporting for purchasing KPIs and plant-specific metrics.
· Creates contracts using standard templates and exhibits, monitors validity of all contracts, and ensures that they are uploaded into ProcureNet e-tool for contract management.
· Coordinates competitive bidding for all site purchasing categories with various stakeholders.
· Ensures maximum compliance to Corporate Preferred Supplier Programs.
· Creates purchase orders and manages inbound supply.
· Manages and resolves invoice exceptions in IOL System (Invoices-On-Line) and works on resolving root-causes of invoice discrepancies including support for Goods Received Invoice Received (GRIR). Monitors and updates anticipated delivery dates in ERP.
· Proactively analyses local practices, suggests and implements improvements to drive optimization, efficiencies and best-practice utilization.
· Monitors and reports vendor performance using digital tools while addressing deficiencies as needed.
· Serves as a gatekeeper for purchasing policy compliance and adherence to internal control requirements at the site.
· Participates in reoccurring meetings with plant requisitioners, engineers, and department managers to determine purchasing assistance and requirements.
· Provides remote vacation coverage for Site Buyer roles in other manufacturing facilities and adhoc coverage for other responsibilities as directed by the manager.
Raw Material Planning & Purchasing Duties:
· Monitors raw material consumption and inventory levels via SAP ERP, plans and orders raw materials in order to achieve the production schedule and maintain optimal inventory levels.
· Processes purchase orders for non-stock items.
· Responsible for setting and maintaining local MRP settings for each raw material.
· Notifies vendors of non-conforming material issues and requests corrective actions with Central Purchasing and Quality engagement.
· Assist Central Purchasing with plant-specific information on raw material consumption and ongoing performance of raw material vendors: safety, quality, delivery, price adherence to contracts, etc.
What do you bring?
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience to include working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures concerned with purchasing activities.
· 5 or more years’ experience in purchasing, inventory management or manufacturing activities.
· Excellent computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite.
· Passion for accomplishing preferred quality, service and best value in Purchasing
· Comfortable working in a team environment.
· Project leadership experience.
· Experience using continuous improvement tools.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment (Strongly Preferred).
· 1 to 2 years of experience in production and/or MRP planning in SAP or similar system, with SAP being strongly preferred.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to travel up to 20% at times within US
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.