This position is responsible for managing all purchasing and compliance functions for our Roxboro, North Carolina facility. This position will perform all purchasing activity, negotiate payment terms, and execute contracts for both goods and services. This role will focus on cost savings, implementation and adherence to global compliance and utilization of digital tools while providing timely service to our internal customers.
· Develops and maintains a Road Map to assess local suppliers. Negotiates local spend and contracts utilizing Saint-Gobain e-tools for bidding (ProSource) for all open and capex spend over $20k.
· Reports all hard and soft savings at the end of each project using Purchaser Performance Management tools.
· Creates contracts using standard templates and exhibits, monitors validity of all contracts, and ensures that they are uploaded into ProcureNet e-tool for contract management.
· Ensures maximum compliance to Corporate Preferred Supplier Programs.
· Manages and resolves invoice exceptions in IOL System (Invoices-On-Line) and works on resolving root-causes of invoice discrepancies including support for Goods Received Invoice Received (GRIR).
· Monitors and updates anticipated delivery dates in ERP.
· Proactively analyses local practices, suggests and implements improvements to drive optimization, efficiencies and best-practice utilization.
· Monitors and reports vendor performance using digital tools while addressing deficiencies as needed.
· Serves as a gatekeeper for purchasing policy compliance and adherence to internal control requirements at the site.
· Owns monthly reporting for purchasing KPIs and plant-specific metrics.
· Monitors raw material consumption and inventory levels via SAP ERP, plans and orders raw materials in order to achieve the production schedule and maintain optimal inventory levels.
· Notifies vendors of non-conforming material issues and requests corrective actions with Central Purchasing and Quality engagement.
· Assist Central Purchasing with plant-specific information on raw material consumption and ongoing performance of raw material vendors: safety, quality, delivery, price adherence to contracts, etc.
· Performs analysis of portfolio of spend, looking for synergies for negotiations across all BUs.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years’ experience in purchasing, inventory management or manufacturing activities.
· 1+ years of experience in production and/or MRP planning in SAP or similar system
· SAP systems knowledge (Strongly Preferred)
· Ability to travel up to 20% between facilities at times
· Experience in a manufacturing environment (Strongly Preferred)
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.