Setup Operator - Manufacturing - Composites - 3rd shift, 11pm - 7:30am
Wayne, USA Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
How would you like to work in a dynamic, innovative company with opportunity to grow your career? Saint-Gobain in Wayne, NJ is for you!
We offer competitive salary, shift differential, matching 401k, bonus, retirement plan, benefits start day one, tuition reimbursement, growth opportunities and so much more
We have an immediate need for two Machine Setup Operators, 3 rd shift, 11p -7:30am. Training will be on 1st shift, 7am-3:30pm for approximately three months.
Are you mechanically inclined, good with your hands, this may be the job for you.
Scope: Setup and operate extrusion equipment to process polymers into film and sheets.
· Assist Operators during line start-up, threading, etc.
· Perform cleanout and some set-up tasks such as screws, barrels, melt pipes under guidance and close supervision of Operators or Shift Leader.
· Load raw materials per operator’s instructions
· Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain quality, operational efficiency, and safety.
· Clean and maintain machinery, tools, and work area as scheduled or as needed.
· Maintain necessary records as required by SOPs and work instructions (i.e. production data entry).
· Participate in self-development.
· Perform other related duties as required or as directed by supervisor.
· Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
· Understand all environmental policies and significant environmental impact of job activities in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.
· Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3-5 years in general manufacturing environment, or 2-3 years in plastic extrusion operation, or 1-2 years in film extrusion operation.
· Very strong mechanical aptitude, ability to maintain tooling and dies and to use measuring devices.
· Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
· Basic command of the English language, written and verbal.
· Able to read and follow SOPs, labels, and work instructions.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Join Us at Saint-Gobain Composites. Together, let’s protect what matters most!
Click here to Explore more opportunities within Saint-Gobain Composites.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.