Saint-Gobain Research North America is looking for a driven, talented, and energetic entry level researcher to join our current team to perform engineering analysis and provide technical solutions to aid the development and improvement of Saint-Gobain products. Specifically, this position emphasizes application of knowledge and techniques from the field of solid mechanics to solve problems involving mechanical behavior, stress, deformation and failure of materials and products. Working within a small team of engineers, the successful candidate will be comfortable applying a combination of practical engineering knowledge, theoretical background, and computational skills to address industrial problems spanning a wide variety of demanding applications and environments. Effective, proactive communication with customers is critical, including the ability to present technical results and recommendations in a clear and concise manner to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences. The successful candidate will have the ability to work comfortably and flexibly in a diverse and fast moving environment.
The main job duties will include:
· Lead R&D projects in the areas of engineering mechanics, focused on empirical and computational solid mechanics, with applications in material, product, process, and technology development.
· Being a part of a dynamic R&D center, the candidate will stay aware of new technologies, methods, and solutions, and their applications in the development of new knowledge and addressing Saint-Gobain product, process, and material needs. The candidate is expected to collaborate effectively with R&D colleagues, product managers, product engineers, application engineers and external customers, create and execute project plans, design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and present findings in written and oral formats.
· Manages multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented and within budget to meet business and customer objectives.
· Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience including but not limited to: demonstration of familiarity with statistical tools, data analysis, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of basic data and interpretation, IP, Patents, and technical documents.
· Demonstrated ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
· Demonstrate ability to network within and out of group.
· Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a team environment required.
· Develop ability to maintain composure and organize teams in high pressure situation.
· Demonstrate understanding of company policies.
Demonstrate understanding of corporate structure.
· BS Degree with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience, or MS with 3+ years of experience, or entry level PhD Mechanical/Aerospace/Civil/ Applied Physics
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.