Senior Financial Analyst
Amherst, USA Accounting / Management control
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and submission of data into the financial accounting system. Analyses, formats and reports a variety of other required financial and accounting information to divisional management for their use in monitoring divisional performance.
Particular emphasis is placed on financial performance, the growth and long-term survivability of the business, the continuous improvement of the organization in terms of its people, products, and tools, the strategic direction and accomplishments and the knowledge and awareness to recognize changing conditions and new opportunities.
This position has the responsibility to ensure the integrity of the financial and logistics data reported meets Corporate and local regulations. This person will prepare operational, variance, and other results analyses.
Other broad general responsibilities are as follows:
· Oversees reviews, and reconciles inventory cycle counts, scrap write-offs, and general ledger expense accounts. Advises other departments on accounting matters, provides non-routine accounting information and undertakes project work and other duties that may be assigned. Maintains support resources and documentation (product specifications, data releases, etc.). Prepares Product/Part cost estimates and monitors actual costing in SAP.
· Prepare month-end journal entries, and reports both independently and at the direction of the Business Unit Controller. Make recommendations for improvements and/or changes to accounting and informational systems and implement approved changes to facilitate the rapid and accurate collection and reporting of accounting data.
· Analysis of Big Box customer account claims of non-delivery of product, late deliveries, etc. Completes and submits paperwork to dispute claims, follows up on unpaid invoices, and does root cause analysis to determine repetitive issues and potential solutions.
· Prepares Asset Securitization reports, and other collection reports. Assists with collection calls as needed.
· Monitors and maintains inventory levels for online Vendor websites. Provides detailed reporting for logistics analysis such as daily fill rate reports, operational metrics, and other analytical projects.
· Reviews plant and office workflows, policies and procedures to ensure continued compliance with SG internal audit guidelines.
· Monitors monthly tax exposure report for tax certificate compliance. Communicates with customers to obtain and resolve tax certificate documentation. Submits documentation to CertCap and Vertex, verifies successful submissions, and follows up and resolves any issues.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field is required, Master’s Degree preferred. 3-5 years’ work-related experience in Accounting/Finance is required with 1 year in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently and possess strong organizational skills. Ability to learn, and perform all duties required of the position. Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership, and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment.
Who are we ?
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years. At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective. Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers. ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.