The main function of this position is to increase awareness and sales for CertainTeed exterior building products. This position is responsible for establishing contact and coordinating activities with installation contractors, small and medium builders, architects, and specifiers. The Sales Representative will also assist the Regional Sales Manager and Territory Managers in meeting sales goals while familiarizing the remodeling and new construction community with CertainTeed products and services. Additionally, this individual will become a resource of information for sales, marketing, and manufacturing in product needs, development, and application.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Call on installation contractors, small/medium custom builders, architects, and specifiers.
· Track new construction jobs from inception, pre-bid, bid-contract award and job completion.
· Promote entire exterior products offering of roofing and siding products.
· Display at, or participate in, local remodeling and home-builder shows, association events, and other networking opportunities.
· Relay customer needs between CT Territory Managers, Marketing, and Manufacturing, and the remodeling contractors and builders.
· Develop thorough knowledge of competitive products, applications and pricing to better position CertainTeed and our customers in the new construction and remodeling segments.
· Call on installation contractors and small/medium builders either with or without local distributor reps.
· Assist installation contractors and small/medium builders with additional education and training programs including job site training of installers.
· Prospect for new accounts by targeting installation contractors and small/medium builders with CT Territory Managers that meet CertainTeed strategies and objectives.
· Follow-up on pre-qualified leads provided by the Customer Experience Group.
· Assist installation contractors and small/medium builders in obtaining CT products through local distribution.
· Assist in testing new marketing materials, products, systems, e-business, and applications
· 40% overnight travel covering several sales territories.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 1-3 years’ experience in a sales or consultative selling position
· Knowledge of building products and applications desired, but not necessary
· Demonstrated capability to deliver presentations, proficiency in P/C applications, sales skills
· Driver’s License Required
· Will use independent judgment to resolve customer problems
· Must discern when and what type of response/action is warranted to support sales effort and in concert with group strategy, regional, and territory management goals
· Recommend product use, application and design to fit remodeler and builder needs
· Find ways to overcome objections to use CertainTeed products with entrenched competitors
· This position will receive direction and advice from Regional Sales Manager and Territory Sales Managers responsible for sales in a given market
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.