Are you looking to join a branch that is passionate about its team and every day there is a new challenge? Then we have the perfect role for you here at IDS, the UK's largest distributor of surfacing materials, specialising in flooring, worktops, laminates, panel products and solid surfacing.
Working within our Leeds branch, your role as a Sales & Customer Service Assistant will be pivotal in maximising sales and margins and providing a high quality service to customers. You will need to build long term relationships with customers, both face to face and via the telephone, to help achieve the branches growth and continued success.
As a Sales & Customer Service Assistant with IDS, you will;
· Provide every customer with an exceptional shopping experience enhanced with great after sales service.
· Provide the fast and friendly service our customers expect
· Complete inventory-taking and reconciling cash receipts
· Consistently maintain high levels of general housekeeping in the showroom area
· Clean and organise shelving displays, ordering samples and brochures
· Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to assess the condition of each product or item, organise cleanse of damage or unsellable goods
· Monitor sales, collections and delivery activities ensuring customers receive satisfactory service.
· Proactively search for new business and account manage
· Actively work to achieve sales budgets
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and ways of working; we innovate, collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers.
You will need to be a real team player, who is willing to learn and open to new ideas and ways of working.
To be suitable for the Showroom Assistant role you will have:
· Excellent communication skills
· A personable, presentable and articulate approach
· High attention to detail
· The ability to solve problems using your own initiative
· Excellent relationship building skills
· The ability to handle difficult and complicated sales
· Some product knowledge or coming from a related industry would be preferable, however full training will be provided.
· Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
You can find details of our ‘Applicant Data Privacy Notice’ here: https://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/sites/saint-gobain.co.uk/files/2021-03/Saint%20Gobain%20Applicant%20UK%20Ireland%20Data%20Privacy%20Notice%20Mar%202021%20VF.pdf