As a Research Engineer, the candidate will, under supervision, utilize basic scientific principles and techniques to undertake specific tasks and projects with limited scope. The incumbent will document their work carefully and thoroughly. The candidate will demonstrate an open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility. Good written and oral communication skills are required.
The incumbent may report to a Group Leader or an individual contributor under the supervision of the Group Leader. In addition, the incumbent may be asked to carry out laboratory testing for other Research Engineers with the approval and supervision of their manager.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented, and within budget to meet business and customer objectives. The candidate is expected to lead small projects relative to product performance improvement, understanding product key performance attributes, raw material competency, new laboratory test development, and recurring plant testing.
· Leads small modules including troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and technology transfer activities. Develops expertise in one or more technical activities (as identified by supervisor), including operation of equipment, data collection, laboratory testing, and basic data analysis.
· Reports project progress through means of communication such as oral presentations, written reports, and laboratory procedures.
· Takes a leadership role in the laboratory in safety and equipment-related activities such as updating safety information, organizing 5S activities, and taking responsibility for team cooperation in all safety-related topics.
· Maintain lab notebook to record data related to key projects.
· Demonstrated capacity to work in a 5s environment while maintaining good lab skills
· Demonstrated basic knowledge of HSE.
· Must be able to demonstrate familiarity with statistical tools, data analysis, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of basic data and interpretation.
· Ability to work in a production environment, building relationships and establishing support to execute projects in a cross-functional environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or other scientific disciplines.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.