The incumbent is responsible for verifying product compliance to quality standard by maintaining equipment; monitoring production and performing controls in order to ensure that quality standards are met. Must satisfactorily complete associated training programs.
Must possess a thorough understanding of the operation, as well as knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost, and other systems for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
The incumbent works closely with the Department Supervisor and production team members. Analytical and problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude and effective communication skills are a necessity. Must be detail oriented to accurately record related data.
Principle End Results
· Perform inspections of products according to defined criteria using standard physical, mechanical, and/or electrical measurements Performs quality control testing on finished and intermediate, products in accordance with the Company Quality Manual
· Records test results data manually and electronically.
· Maintains database for non-conforming product and follows through to solution.
· Reject finished products as may be required. Stop deliveries if the product has incorrect quality, packaging, marking, etc., according to the order of the customer specification
· Participates in investigations of all quality complaints. Responsible for the follow-up and reports on quality indicators (e.g. historical data of test results).
· Be capable of planning, executing and delivering results on time;
· Document results in a manner that is consistent with company intellectual property procedures;
· Analyse and provide written and oral reports on their work
· Work closely with colleagues to ensure that their methods and results are technically sound
· Participates in process and product audits.
· Responsible for observing safety precautions at all times. Must work in a manner that is safe while continuously ensuring quality, production and performance expectations are met. Responsible for performing SMATs and/or TFs and be an active participant in all other facility audit, manufacturing and efficiency programs. This includes involvement in projects and/or meetings, as required. Incumbents are responsible for ensuring 5S standards are met and maintained.
· Show a proactive commitment to safety, quality and continuous improvement;
· Ensure that lab equipment is in proper working condition and that laboratory safety is proactively followed and continuously improved.
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
· Comply with, and when possible, exceed applicable Saint-Gobain Environmental, Health and Safety regulations, federal and local environmental regulations through the implementation of our Health & Safety plans and Pollution Prevention:
· Comply with the law and apply the best industry practices continuously.
· Work respectfully and cooperate with all employees, contractors, vendors and customers.
· Work as a team to identify risks and solutions which will eliminate those risks.
· Establish measurable priorities and standards for all involved in this process.
· Implement proven methods found at other sites to help achieve our objectives.
· Continuous improvement actions to reduce emissions and prevent potential pollution.
· Annual review of actions and methods in order to drive continuous improvement.
Background and Skills
The incumbent is required to have a High School Diploma or GED. The candidate will have 1+ years of work-related experience in a manufacturing environment. Proficiency with MS Office.
Knowledge of glass fiber products, quality requirements, marking, etc. Mathematical and technical equipment knowledge.
Must be able to work unsupervised, efficiently and safely. Ability to learn, and perform all duties required of the position. Demonstrated ability of cooperation, leadership and willingness to assist fellow employees in a team-based work environment.
Who are we ?
ADFORS belongs to the Saint-Gobain group, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets. Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes building and high-performance materials, providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection for over 350 years.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe diversity is a competitive advantage. Diversity of gender, background, ethnicity, experience and thought all enable us to develop solutions that are smarter, clearer and more effective.
Focused on the construction and industrial markets, ADFORS offers solutions based on a complete range of textile and coating technologies using fiberglass yarns and synthetic fibers. ADFORS is the reliable and innovative global leader in technical textiles, offering the most adapted solutions to meet your needs.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.