Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
The Quality Manager provides leadership and direction for the sites quality assurance program in an active “hands on” manner in order to ensure that the products produced at the Shakopee plant are in compliance with CertainTeed’s internal specifications to consistently meet or exceed our customer expectations.
The position will also work closely with plant production personnel to resolve quality issues, conduct quality related projects and testing as directed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plans, establishes and audits raw material and in-process quality assurance procedures.
· Analyzes statistical data and product specifications to ensure compliance to product standards.
· Communicates expectations, measure and assess employee performance, provide coaching and development opportunities, and administer disciplinary action if needed.
· Leads the shift safety meetings and training sessions that have been developed by the training coordinator.
· Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers and department superintendents to maximize product quality reliability and minimization of costs.
· Supervises the QA lab functions including the general work direction of both salaried and hourly employees.
· Conducts and establishes training activities for hourly and salaried employees, including Territory Sales Managers, as related to product quality and reliability.
· Provides lab tests and documents findings to assist in the resolution of customer complaints.
· Assists the Field Service Representative & Territory Managers in the resolution of warranty complaints.
· Ensures the inputs to the DataMyte database are entered accurately and in a timely manner.
What do you bring?
· 4- year technical degree preferred (2 -year AS degree or equivalent experience may be considered).
· 5+ Years of Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Proficient in use of MS Office (familiarity with Kronos and SAP a plus).
· General understanding of ISO methodology (ISO 9001, 14001, & OHSAS 18001).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, TPM, 5S & Six Sigma a plus.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.