If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
· Compare in process and finished goods to established specifications; reports variance to Coordinator.
· Compare first piece produced on equipment set-up for conformance to specification.
· Write detailed inspection report in compliance with GMP standard on parts, products and processes that fail inspection; investigates scope of the failure and forward report to Coordinator for disposition.
· Use working knowledge of inspection techniques to determine most accurate method of comparing measurements of complex parts to blueprint and specification.
· Compare measurements, form, fit, function and value judgments of simple and complex parts to blueprint, specifications and general workmanship standards using documents, experience and knowledge of inspection techniques.
· Utilize statistical process control where applicable.
· Assist in orientation of new technicians and inspection processes, as necessary.
· Assist in ensuring proper calibration of equipment and measuring instruments.
· Maintain proper level of supplies (office and inspection) to prevent depletion. This includes reordering task
· Carry out formulated plans, policies and procedures of the department per GMP regulations.
· Communicate with employee's any instructions or requirements as deemed necessary by the Quality Manager.
· Must be available for shift work, when necessary.
· Be willing to participate in training that may be conducted off-site.
· Report safety hazards observed to EHS Coordinator.
· Perform stock audits and other related duties as may be required.
· Perform other duties as assigned by senior management.
Education Level Education Details Required
⦁ High School Diploma or equivalent—Required
⦁ Quality Inspection experience (2 to 4 years)—Preferred
⦁ Ability to follow/interpret verbal, written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form instructions
⦁ Ability to read reports and generate reports on productivity and efficiency
⦁ Ability to be highly attentive to detail and consistency
⦁ Physical Demands:
Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to reach above shoulder heights and below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
This position is in a clean room and office environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. Noise levels and temperatures may vary due to areas accessed. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals such as alcohol.
Experience Experience Details Required
⦁ 5 years of direct and relevant manufacturing procurement experience and understanding of techincal insturctions
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.