Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
Our CertainTeed Roofing Plant in Avery, OH is looking for a Production Supervisor to oversee all shift production activities on the plant’s production line. As an effective Production Supervisor, you are dedicated to providing leadership and direction for the activities of the production line personnel to efficiently produce quality products. Not only would you be an expert in production, but a master of environmental, health, & safety requirements. You will use this expertise to be accountable to make sure all production is in compliance with these requirements and other policies and procedures.
· Directly supervises the hourly production employees on the safe and efficient operation of the production line(s), assesses employee performance while providing coaching and development opportunities, and administers disciplinary action if needed.
· Monitors the production processes and production quality to ensure compliance to established company standards while also adhering to Waste Management and Recycling responsibilities.
· Supporting the Maintenance and Engineering activities within the facility
· Ensure compliance with all safety procedures and report all EH&s incidents and participate in Incident and Near Miss investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions.
· Conduct weekly SMAT audits.
Reports to: Production Superintendent
Travel: Minimal, <5%
What do you bring?
· 4 year degree preferred (equivalent experience may be considered)
· 3+ years of Supervisory experience (manufacturing environment preferred).
· Proficient in use of MS Office (familiarity with Kronos and SAP a plus).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma a plus.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.