The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising, monitoring, and directing the activities of the hourly workforce, involved in the manufacturing of custom acoustical ceilings to the Company's safety, quality and production standards. This position reports to the Production Manager.
· Responsible for production tracking and monitoring of equipment settings and start up checks.
· Maintain a safe working environment. Must recognize unsafe conditions and practices and make corrections to prevent injuries and property loss.
· Required to support or complete safety audits/inspections of the assigned work area, through investigations of incidents and accidents, job safety analysis and have periodic safety meetings.
· Monitor production processes and product quality to ensure correct procedures are followed for quality production.
· Complete daily production reports, payroll information and raw material usage.
· Evaluate source of equipment problems (troubleshooting).
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
· Complete administrative and payroll activities along with data base entry.
· Oversee employee training when needed.
· Assist in the administration of the collective agreement and personnel issues.
· Implement and enforce Company policies.
· Utilize WCM techniques (lean manufacturing) to achieve operational targets.
· During weekend and night shifts, responsible for the entire plant, must communicate with management any abnormal events or circumstances.
· Scheduling of overtime and shift coverage.
· Able to lead and control multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Minimal budgeting responsibilities, typically only for small projects.
· Supervise a unionized team of 8-10 people at one time.
· Able to delegate tasks with clear expectations and timeframes for completion.
· Exposure to fiberglass
· Minimal travel required.
· Overtime required
· Standing for long periods of time
· Must be able to wear required safety equipment.
· Post-secondary education preferred.
· Experience in production scheduling, material optimization, product flow sequencing an asset.
· 2-5 years’ supervisory experience in unionized environment preferred.
· Experience in a lean manufacturing environment.
· Must be computer literate; understand the basics of desktop function.
· Candidate should have knowledge or experience in a custom manufacturing environment.
· Solid people skills, able to communicate effectively in a fast paced environment.
· Either a technical or mechanical background.
Who are we ?
Since 1975, Decoustics has been the leader in custom engineering and manufacturing of interior architectural acoustical ceiling panels, wall panels and systems. With a strong commitment to quality, innovation and service, Decoustics has garnered consistent renown and satisfaction in the architectural, construction and interiors industries.
Decoustics is part of the CertainTeed® ceilings group (headquartered in Malvern, PA), parent company Saint-Gobain, France. CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings. Both organizations are subsidiaries of Saint-Gobain, world leader in design, manufacturing and distribution of high performance building materials providing innovative solutions to the challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).