CertainTeed Gypsum is now hiring a Production Shift Supervisor for Palatka, FL. This manager will direct and coordinate day to day production line activities concerned with production of company product(s) by performing duties personally or through production operators. As well as supervise a crew/team of production employees.
· Active participation and support of plant safety and environmental/wildlife committees
· Safe production meeting legal and environmental requirements
· Set a high standard for safety and environmental for all departmental employees
· Confer with plant personnel to maintain production and quality control standards as well as budget and cost controls
· Report at end of each shift on the types, quantities, specifications, and other key data on products produced during the shift
· Consult with maintenance personnel relative to troubleshooting and maintenance of machines and equipment in order to achieve production and quality goals daily
· Resolve employee concerns/complaints and refer unresolved issues for further investigation and resolution
· Ensure performance evaluations and operator training development plans are completed for employees
· Ensure new employees are properly on-boarded
· Make certain employees maintain the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently perform their jobs
· Plan and direct shift production activities and priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
· Coordinate shift production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum shift production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
· Review and analyze shift production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to suggest causes of nonconformity with product specifications and address production problems
· Implement plant operating methods and procedures during shift to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
· Compile, store, and retrieve production data at the end of each shift
· Maintain and approve shift time and attendance data
· Development of departmental employees
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.