Looking for a GREAT place to work?
Saint-Gobain, a Global Top Employer
Our facility in Orange, CT is looking for a Machine Operator.
Monday - Friday
2nd shift 3p - 11pm
MUST be able to training on 1st shift 7a-3p
We offer competitive salaries, as well as Medical/RX/Dental benefits that start Day 1, matching 401k, bonus program, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and so much more.
Production Operators are responsible for the safe, efficient operation of various manufacturing equipment to produce metal seals to close tolerance specifications. Performs and operates job functions with safety, quality and efficiency in mind and in accordance with specific process sheets and operational parameters. Our Production Operators have overall responsibility for the quality of their product and must have excellent attention to detail with regards to form, fit and function.
· Perform specific metal fabrication operations as specified by supervisor
· Read and interpret process sheets/work instructions to perform assigned tasks
· Set up and operate both die forming and roll forming equipment
· Measure work piece dimensions to ensure accuracy to blueprint
· Work with manufacturing engineers and other production operators to resolve production issues and performs other duties as assigned
· High School or equivalent
· At least (3) years’ experience in a production environment
· Experience with metal fabrication processes such as die forming, roll forming, welding strongly desired
· Press operation and setup strongly desired
· Experience with basic measuring equipment such as calipers or micrometers
· Experience reading and interpreting job instructions and blueprints
· Experience in a smaller production environment
· Experience with closely related seal products a plus
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.