This position is responsible for creation through completion of new products and tooling. Key responsibilities will include utilizing GD&T to fully detail complex object prints, creating unique designs with minimal direction, assisting Manufacturing Engineering with equipment installations and validations, and managing several projects at one time for the designers in the group. Promotes a safe working environment, complies with proper use of PPE, reports incidents, and participates in functional department safety meetings. Exhibits good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements.
Serves as the innovator for new products and tooling from concept to completion.
· Minimum of 2 year degree in CAD or related field required.
· 0-2 years of design experience required.
· 0-2 years of manufacturing experience required.
· Demonstrated technical, practical, and scientific knowledge of machining, fabrication, welding, and assembly as related to creation of tooling, work stations and machinery required.
· Understanding of technology, production, and fabrication methods and materials required.
· Ability to use SolidWorks to design and improve the creation of jobs going to maintenance and saving outside design services to complete work required.
· Produce conceptual drawings, reports, and presentations of ideas to colleagues and clients at various stages of the design process and then modify the ideas according to the feedback received required.
· Ability to work independently or closely with clients, engineers, production, maintenance, and other skilled people regularly required.
· Ability to supervise Manufacturing Designers, assigning projects, maintaining workload, and assisting on their projects as needed preferred.
· Ability to research similar products, develop ideas, create samples, and/or working models of designs using 3D printer preferred.
· Special projects to support Manufacturing Engineering equipment installations and validations.
· WCM Continuous Improvement Projects for plant production processes.
· Manage Designers to maintain machine and tool drawings as controlled documents.
· Research, develop, and establish best practices for Life Sciences manufacturing processes.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.