Why do we need you ?
Process Engineer – British Gypsum – Sherburn in Elmet, Nr Leeds
Highly competitive pay/package and professional development program.
Are you a Process Engineer who is passionate about delivering manufacturing Improvement projects while ensuring optimum manufacturing performance is maintained?
The British Gypsum manufacturing facility in Sherburn in Elmet is part of world leader in the manufacture of gypsum plaster products including plasterboard, GRG, and coving. Working as part of a focused Performance Team, you will be given the training, the tools, and the backing to drive our continuous improvement projects through our World Class Manufacturing programme to ensure our products remain the first choice for our customers.
To produce plasterboard twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week we need driven, ambitious, innovative, and curious applicants who will own their KPI’s and push to improve them. Ours is a broad remit with a commitment first to safety, sustainability, and quality. As a business, we have set challenging targets in all these areas and together we will deliver our objectives as a team. With our output measured in millions of square meters and thousands of tonnes, we will also deliver improvements in the traditional plant metrics of quality, availability, yield, and speed and additionally some challenging sustainability targets in energy, Co2 and water reduction. We encourage out-of-the-box thinking, we want to identify and implement the best available technology and we encourage knowledge sharing and building relationships with like-minded people in our businesses across the globe to achieve this.
This is a role for people that are going places: many of the company’s senior managers began their journey as Process Engineers. If you share our vision and believe you have what it takes to deliver, then we would love to hear from you.
· Champions health and safety standards, behaviours, and improvements.
· Quickly develop into a key member of a multidiscipline performance team tasked with delivering plant improvement projects to plan and budget.
· Production data collection and analysis to identify opportunities for improvements across the workshop KPI’s including energy efficiency, capacity, yield, and availability.
· Use of problem-solving tools within the team to investigate and determine the root cause of plant and quality issues and to put effective and sustainable countermeasures in place.
· Adopt a Six Sigma methodology, DMAIC, and other appropriate TPQM techniques to reduce process variation, deliver improvements, and improve product quality.
· Effective investigations into quality defects to prevent reoccurrence.
What kind of person are we looking for?
· Educated to Degree level in Chemical Engineering or a similar science/engineering discipline
· Excellent communication skills at all levels within an organisation
· Proven experience in delivering improvement projects
· Experience in the practical application of TPQM techniques such as Six Sigma, statistical analysis, DMAIC, and other appropriate quality/process improvement tools.
· The ability to organise and prioritise your workload to meet the needs of the business
Is this job for you ?
Are British Gypsum and Saint-Gobain inclusive employers?
Saint-Gobain is the worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction improving daily life through high-performance solutions. From wherever you are, let your unique personality and our values guide you every day to invent a more sustainable world.
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
A nd what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing. At Saint-Gobain, we’re always open to new ways of working. Everyone has different needs and commitments. We’ll happily discuss any need you might have for this role: flexible hours, job-sharing, part-time working, or anything else that matters to you. We can’t promise to meet every request when we’re recruiting. But we do promise to listen.
If you match our criteria, we will be in touch to discuss your experience and more about you as a person, we look forward to hearing from you!