At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for sustainability and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as Net Zero Business Support . You’ll be working for Saint Gobain Professional Services and the position is Home Based .
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. For this role in particular we are looking for someone with the following skills and expertise;
· Have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for sustainability – an understanding of the drivers for sustainability improvements.
· Curious, conscientious and driven mind-set.
· Ability to build and manage multiple internal stakeholder relationships.
· Experience within energy & carbon management and Environmental management systems, or a willingness to learn about this
· Strong attention to detail and tracking of costs/savings
· Working knowledge of ISO14001 Environmental Management Standard & ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard
· Building Distribution operational experience
What will I be doing in the role?
This role will provide support to the Professional Services Centre of Expertise in support of UK & Ireland businesses with a significant focus on our Net Zero commitments. In this role you will;
· The role holder will support internal stakeholders with their progress to Net Zero carbon emissions, initially through energy management then progressing to other Net Zero related activities. This will require supporting stakeholders to ensure they are in line with best practice such as ISO management standards and carbon reporting protocols (CDP, Streamlined Energy & Carbon Reporting ) as well as Net Zero reporting and support for customers and other stakeholders.
· Form part of a team of environmental and energy specialists providing energy management and other sustainability support services within the Environment Health and Safety Professional Services
· Provide stakeholders with support for sustainability improvements and validate such improvements on behalf of the EHS Centre of Expertise, particularly in the area of carbon reduction
· Provide recommendations to improve and harmonise the energy management systems.
· Work and co-ordinate actively with nominated utilities and utility management consultants to close gaps in data and performance between themselves, the business, brands and sites
· Manage the data provision element of the project related to the Building Distribution Sustainability Dashboard
Are Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.