If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
OFFERING $500 SIGN ON BONUS INCENTIVE
(Available 90 days of employment)
We are looking for talent who are eager and motivated to work in a fast growing company.
· Sunday Night- Thursday Night
· 10pm-6:30 AM
· Competitive Pay with opportunities for growth
· Annual bonus pay up to 10% of base pay
· 11 Holidays, 80 Hours of Vacation Time; 40 hours of Sick time; pro-rated based on start date
· Shift differential for Night shift
· Immediate Eligibility on Start Date
· 401(k) with company match
· Pension plan
· Education Reimbursement
A Material Handler is responsible for maintaining inventory and facilitating shipping needs for all products and materials to include issuing materials to manufacturing (kitting components) for orders to be completed prior to shipping.
· Store materials using assigned protocols with correct equipment.
· Perform inventory transactions in QAD
· Confer with other departments to ascertain requirements.
· Recommend measure to improve methods and quality of product.
· Suggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
· Analyze and resolve work problems, or assess workers in solving work problems.
· Initiate and support housekeeping and safety activities within the facility daily.
· Communicate with the other shifts the status of parts, equipment and any other matters that potentially impact the product being shipped.
· Coordinate department's activities with other departments.
· Verify/reconcile all forms and paperwork as needed, including manufacturing forms, work order documentation, stock movement tickets, scrap tickets, identifications tag, QA forms via electronic document storage, etc.
· Schedule trucks for delivery and pick up of product as required for on-time expediting.
· Be proactive in assuring all shipments are shipped on time.
· Communicate and assist in resolving any issues that affect shipments whether current or in the future.
· Regularly perform 5S activities which involves the cleanliness, organization, and standardization of work area
· Load and/or unload trucks. Subject to driving company vehicle(s) as required.
· Research and audit inventory by conducting daily cycle counts.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
High school diploma or equivalent. Must demonstrate the ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions. Must be able to properly fill out time reporting and work order documentation. Operational knowledge of injection molding machines is preferred. Operational knowledge of compounders, and related equipment preferred. Must become forklift certified.
Requires walking, primarily on a level surface throughout the day. May need to climb stairs/steps periodically. May need to stoop or kneel and reach above shoulder heights, below the waist. Lifting as required with proper lifting techniques up to 50 pounds on occasion.
This position is in a production environment where the use of personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. Noise levels are generally loud and temperatures may vary. There is some exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals, depending on areas accessed.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.