Position : Manufacturing Tech Temp (this is a temporary assignment with a temp to hire opportunity)
Department : Production
Location : Gaithersburg, MD
Work Schedule: 4/10 shift: Monday - Thursday, 6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The Manufacturing Technician will execute entry level production duties with supervision in the manufacturing of custom products used in cell and gene therapy clinical trials, critical applications in final fill assemblies, and molded components in ISO 7 and ISO 8 cleanrooms.
· Ability to perform entry level work station activities
· Follow SOPS/Work Instructions/drawings with guidance.
· Demonstrate basic problem identification and able to escalate accordingly
· Basic understanding and ability to document production activities in the Manufacturing Execution System (MES)/Factivity
· Demonstrate basic understanding of safety, follow site safety protocols and activities, and conduct safety observations.
· Comply to cGMP and QMS requirements, demonstrating basic understanding
· Minimal participation in quality events.
· Meet production output expectations.
· Follow 5s principles and operational excellence.
· Demonstrate good time management and comply with the site's attendance policies.
· High school (or equivalent) diploma is required.
· At least 1 year of work experience working in a team-based organization.
· Good communications skills. Ability to read, write and interpret written and/or verbal instructions (English)
· Basic computer skills (ability to use basic keyboard and mouse functions and navigate internet and applications)
· Must have sufficient hand and eye coordination, manual dexterity, and near and farsighted vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Basic math skills required (arithmetic and measurements)
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and work independently with supervision.
· Adopt Saint-Gobain 5 Attitudes
· Basic logical reasoning skills.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.